5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Should i do this or not

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:16 AM
black89gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Should i do this or not

oh alright cause they have this guy ehre that has a fake cobra.. ahah its an 85 lx vert that has the 87-93 front end conversion. its a ghetto rigged car.. theres gas leaking on teh bottom of the car fake cobra badges and all. black cobra r's and tan top. cut door panels for the spearkers! [:@] he claims he can beat vettes and trans ams in his NAPA core motor haha
Old 10-27-2006, 12:26 AM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

you say you have an 01 gt? Why not keep it and put the 4000 into payments or mods? I think that i would rather keep making payments on a much newer car than pay 4g's for something you dont know about. JMHO
Old 10-27-2006, 12:33 AM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

if you smell gas that is signs of running a little rich but if he revs it up and you dont see black smoke its not running too rich take it for a drive and get on it and see if it blows out black smoke from running too rich. depending on size of cam, big cams dont like it when they first start up. but the gas smell you will smell that if its got an offroad h-pipe.

if it runs good with no issues once it goes down the road no oil leakes, smoking or once it runs for a few minutes it should run by itself . its really hard to say without seeing and driving the car if 4,000 is too much. I bought mine for 3200 and I had documents to what was done to it and when the engine was put in.
my car had a 5,000 mile
306 roller
K&N cone Filter
typhoon upper/lower intake(same as edelbrock rpm performer)
March underdrive Pulleys
BBK o/r H-Pipe
Flowmasters
summit racing aluminum clutch quadrant with adjustable cable
aftermarket upper and lower control arms
steeda sport lowering springs.

and good body with no rust needed a little help in the paint dept because its purple[:@] but im about to paint it white and it had tan interior so im converting to all black and car ran great. and still does

so yeah for me to buy this car it would have too look good with no rust what so ever look under the car and check the rear inner wheel wells for rust and hatch. and examine whole underside of car. and have good interior for that price then i still wouldnt like the fact that it didnt run by itself when if first starts but that could be because of the IAC.

but its never good to rev the car when it first starts. I can start mine and walk back in the house. I would also check the timing. just main thing is dont rush into it the minute you do a better car will slap you in the face for the same price that you would rather have. but get some pics on here for us to see it.

and get some documents that it was rebuilt if they did it them self they should still have receipts from machine shop and all parts bought to do it. every engine that ive rebuilt ive kept machine shop receipts along with all gasket and other parts that ive bought receipts so when car was sold the new owner would have proof that it was rebuilt. they could be full of it and it has issues that they want to get rid of it because of that. BE Careful
Old 10-27-2006, 12:41 AM
jagrave

you say you have an 01 gt? Why not keep it and put the 4000 into payments or mods? I think that i would rather keep making payments on a much newer car than pay 4g's for something you dont know about. JMHO
That's what i think i'm going to do. i'm just afraid of running out of money for payment and then having nothing. I don't think i'm gonna mod it anymore until i have more dependable income coming in. oh and what does JMHO mean? lol.

mustangfxbdy-he was almost redlining it i think when he was reving it up and it was just white smoke coming out. he never actually let it die when he first started, but when he did let off it sounded like it would cut off. You got all of that for only $3200? dang, how do you find deals like that?
Old 10-27-2006, 12:47 AM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

JMHO - just my honest opinion
Old 10-27-2006, 12:56 AM
jagrave

thanks. i thought it was something like that
Old 10-27-2006, 12:57 AM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jagrave

That's what i think i'm going to do. i'm just afraid of running out of money for payment and then having nothing. I don't think i'm gonna mod it anymore until i have more dependable income coming in. oh and what does JMHO mean? lol.

mustangfxbdy-he was almost redlining it i think when he was reving it up and it was just white smoke coming out. he never actually let it die when he first started, but when he did let off it sounded like it would cut off. You got all of that for only $3200? dang, how do you find deals like that?

I hate to say it but ebay guy was selling it because he just got married and was buying a house. i could have gotten burnt but didnt. of course i travled 9 hours to get it. id sell mine for 4,000 if i had too sell it and ive put quite a few parts in it since i bought it(check out my mods in my cardomain first page link in sig) but im not getting rid of it anytime soon(just trying to give you idea of what you could have if you just be patient). but if you want to keep the 01 gt and mod it i would do that too. I love the look of the 99-04 mustangs my buddie has one and i love it. hes a little discourged right now because his car is not as quick as mine but hes got a pretty much bone stock gt except for flows and 3.73 gear. I told him just to mod it a little at a time until he gets it where he wants it.

good luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:07 AM
jagrave

I hate to say it but ebay guy was selling it because he just got married and was buying a house. i could have gotten burnt but didnt. of course i travled 9 hours to get it. id sell mine for 4,000 if i had too sell it and ive put quite a few parts in it since i bought it(check out my mods in my cardomain first page link in sig) but im not getting rid of it anytime soon(just trying to give you idea of what you could have if you just be patient). but if you want to keep the 01 gt and mod it i would do that too. I love the look of the 99-04 mustangs my buddie has one and i love it. hes a little discourged right now because his car is not as quick as mine but hes got a pretty much bone stock gt except for flows and 3.73 gear. I told him just to mod it a little at a time until he gets it where he wants it.

good luck and keep us posted.
I love the look of the '89 though, but i like the newer ones better. i think for now i am going to keep the '01. lol! off topic but i got burnt by a neon srt-4 coming back from school wednesday night. that is discouraging! lol! we were already doing 65ish both times we done it though. did the 3.73s hurt his gas mileage? i know to some gas mileage isn't important, but i like both power and mileage, especially when you drive a lot to school and deliver pizza(reason i have no money)! would they be good on an auto? your car seems pretty awesome! i would like to do a lot to mine, but i can't do much at moment.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:45 AM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

srt-4s always wana race from a pull... bastards
Old 10-27-2006, 12:16 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

^^^^ yep I hate that get em to run you from a dig

but hey a few mods and youll have em..

good choice on keeping the 01

I like em better too.

i just prefer the 5.0 over the 4.6 but nothing wrong with the 4.6 its just me.