5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What to do with 500 bones ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 05:41 PM
RacquetballRyan
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What to do with 500 bones ???

Invest 500 in stocks, sell the stock in one month.
And ask us the same question with $600

Just kidding, I'd go with suspension upgrades.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:51 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

if you're going to go w/ nitrous get an nx kit not NOS.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sidewayz6.0

ORIGINAL: Ninety5five0

When i drove it last, it actually hooked up really good.....it was wierd. It was even hard to spin donuts at times, it would just hook up. Even with like 3k dumps.

And i tried to fix my signature, but i maxed it out already.
Hmmm...No power?

I guess not, i was all stock except for headers and gears and CAI and pulleys. So i prolly had like 10 HP over stock....
If i dont have traction issues after this HCI swap, i'm gonna be pissed.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88blackgt

if you're going to go w/ nitrous get an nx kit not NOS.
I can prolly get some kind of nitrous through advanced auto, i get a 20 % discount, and they have that special order stuff. I think i still get a discount on that. I'll check. But i donno what kindof brands they carry. What about ZEX ?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:09 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I really wouldnt be suprised if all they carried was NOS ...
Old 10-27-2006, 06:10 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sidewayz6.0

When i drove it last, it actually hooked up really good.....it was wierd. It was even hard to spin donuts at times, it would just hook up. Even with like 3k dumps.

And i tried to fix my signature, but i maxed it out already.
Hmmm...No power?

I guess not, i was all stock except for headers and gears and CAI and pulleys. So i prolly had like 10 HP over stock....
If i dont have traction issues after this HCI swap, i'm gonna be pissed.
bah, sidewayz beat me to it and really if you have no traction problems stock then.... i dont know I think somethings wrong
Old 10-27-2006, 06:12 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 7upedition

So if i get approved for this summit credit card i'm gonna spend 500 right of the bat so i dont haev interest for a year.

What i got in mind is...

1. Nitrous (NOS-05115NOS)

2. Suspension upgrades ( i need ideas there, i want those ponys to stick ) Subframes, upper/lower control arms, shocks/struts/springs

3. 70mm TB, Fuel pump, 24#ers ( all gonna get done anyways ) you'll want a 75mm w/ that intake to match intake inlet, and a matching MAF
4. Rims, my very last choice thogo fast or look good? wait on these

5. Throw some ideas at me Not to sound like your pops but credit cards are very very bad![:@]
Good Luck
7UP, why would he want a 75mm TB w/ that combo? That's too much. 65 would even be okay since he has GT40 heads. You don't have to get 75 just b/c that's what the intake is ported to....it will hurt you if your combo isn't flowing enough to keep up.

Ninety5Five0, go w/ suspension like Blue suggested. You will not regret it b/c you already need it, even w/ a bone stock stang. U/L control arms, XL subframes. Springs, shock/struts will put you over the $500, but you'll need them too.

...and a credit card can be a very good thing. Don't be stupid like I was and neglect your payments. I was young and didn't think it would matter, but now I can't get a good interest rate on a car, if I even get financed. Pay it off on time and don't keep adding to it. Pay your balance down before you put more on it. You will have great credit in no time.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:13 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

zex is mediocore IMO. they make a good kit for the s197s though. i reccomend NX again, theyre just about the best. one of the biggest benefits is you can send your solenoids in and get them rebuilt for free. they also make the best bottle heater(fire and ice). im very impressed w/ nx in general, great quality, decent prices. NOS is ok too, but then you're also paying for the NAAAWWWWWWS name. no one else rebuilds the solenoids for free either.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

I already have good credit, and i dotn wanna ruin that while i'm young. I've only been late on 1 car payment and 1 credit car payment. And i dont plan on letting more be late than that.
I'm definatly gonna do suspension. 500 will be a good start. You think i should change those springs ? They are BBK.

And anyone know of a strut tower brace that will fit with a trickflow street intake ?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:18 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

I already have good credit, and i dotn wanna ruin that while i'm young. I've only been late on 1 car payment and 1 credit car payment. And i dont plan on letting more be late than that.
I'm definatly gonna do suspension. 500 will be a good start. You think i should change those springs ? They are BBK.

And anyone know of a strut tower brace that will fit with a trickflow street intake ?
My bad....if you have BBK's then don't get new springs. Are you running the stock shocks/struts? If so, you should definitely upgrade those. Tokico HP's are great shocks for the money.

Quick Reply: What to do with 500 bones ???