5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

how to get races?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:07 PM
scooterstang
2nd Gear Member

Default how to get races?

i hear of everyone saying how they had 3 races last night, and two races the day before. I never get raced. I know its not good to street race, and as much as i'd like to say how i don't go out and look for races, but i do. I can't even find civics to race, almost everyone that i pull up to won't race. It kinda frustrates me. Im not very quick, but i do love racing. So how do you do it, how do you get all these races?
Old 10-31-2006, 09:17 PM
windsor306roush

Default RE: how to get races?

ORIGINAL: scooterstang

i hear of everyone saying how they had 3 races last night, and two races the day before. I never get raced. I know its not good to street race, and as much as i'd like to say how i don't go out and look for races, but i do. I can't even find civics to race, almost everyone that i pull up to won't race. It kinda frustrates me. Im not very quick, but i do love racing. So how do you do it, how do you get all these races?
spend the 20$ and go to a certified nhra/ihra track...i lost a friend to street racing(he was racing), and saw how bad choices can change lives...
Old 10-31-2006, 09:18 PM
steele901
4th Gear Member

most people know of specific places around where they live that a lot of car people like to hand out and or cruise around. be careful though, most cops know about these spots as well.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

^^ +1

i know if i wanted a race right now i could go about 10 miles down the road and probably find atleast 3 people

i got a radar detector but believe me it rarely finds cops before they find you
Old 10-31-2006, 09:24 PM
scooterstang
2nd Gear Member

yea, on friday and sat nights there's a road like 5 min from my house, but its always loaded with cops. somehow i still end up just doin a quick race up to like 60, but then i shut down (its 40mph, and over 20 is criminal) and the other places that i know of that people go i don't want to go cause they will a$$rape me

my local track is $30 bucks to race, and is pretty far from my house, so it costs me almost 50 bucks to race, plus i usually work every saturday night.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:40 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

the track is the place to get it done.

then if something does happen there is emergency crews there to help if its needed.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:47 PM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

ya just go to the track its only 20 bucks to race here....and make a whole lota runs
Old 10-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Dropdagloves20
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, Street Racing is a bad choice. I found that out the hard way last Friday night. I was racing a black 95 cobra and I didn't see the cop at the opposite light and floored it and he made a u turn and tracked me down. Our new law here is that if you're caught street racing you lose your car and jail for 5 days. When he pulled me over he asked me if I knew about the law and asked me to get outta the car. Of course I said that I didn't know about the law and he just turned me around and said you do tonight, and cuffed me and put me in the car. After like 3 more cops rolled up and I was in the car for 30 mins, he said that my car wasn't coming up in the New Mexico Vehicle History, and I said I bought it in Cali and he said he was to lazy to look it up so he let me go with a ticket and a araignment trial. Street Racing is a bad idea all around, especially if you live here in NM cause you lose your baby, I was just lucky. I am keeping the ticket though cause in the Misc Info part, he put "Accelerated quickly off of light while racing other stang which was behind him at time", lol.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

It has everything to do with which neighborhood I'm in. I can ride around Ladera or Newport Beach all day, and not get into it with anyone. But if I go up to Santa Ana, Westminster, Stanton, or Long Beach, every grain of rice wants to run. I haven't really been racing lately though, because I have to wait until February for my license to cool off a bit.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:06 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

Man I guess its where you live. I live in the middle of nowhere. If I go north its westminster and I can find tons of pickups to race. If I go east its eldersburg and I can find plenty of muscle cars, new age and old. If I go south I enter mt airy and am in rice city with all the wangsters.

Quick Reply: how to get races?