5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

my wife is fed up!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:24 AM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

Default RE: my wife is fed up!!

aaaaaaahhhhhahaahaha good stuff twisted... "at least pretend like she is" thats all they really want, to FEEL like they are the most important thing in the world.

Solid advise from twisted over there.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:37 AM
ACE
4th Gear Member

id say donkey punch her and set her straight! haha kidding but yeah make a compromise with her! Or find a gf like mine that actually likes going to junkyards with me
Old 11-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Stanpower
4th Gear Member

My wife is the same way, Keep the car and work on it when you can on weekends or when she working or out with her friends shopping. Try to get her interested in the car by letting her drive it or what ever you need to do......I know how addicting these car can be but a woman is very sensitive, you must spend time with her and give them attention or you and that stang are done! .......good luck
Old 11-06-2006, 10:11 AM
sgt50
1st Gear Member

I consider myself lucky, my wife is my best friend. We do everything together, even wax the stang together. What do I do in return? Vacuum every now and then, go shopping with her when I really don't want to, GO TO CRAFT SHOWS. As you know marriage is a compromise but neither one of you should expect the lther to totally give something up, that would be selfish. Make working on the car a bonding time by teaching her about things and making her feel involved. Maybe she can teach you had to sew or something. Have fun
Old 11-06-2006, 10:30 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: 82FBGT50

id say donkey punch her and set her straight! haha kidding but yeah make a compromise with her! Or find a gf like mine that actually likes going to junkyards with me
DAMN STRAIGHT... Punch that bitch right in the **********!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:33 AM
90 stich

90gt831 i sure feel for you this just happened to me 4 months ago with a 1990 lx. My wife said if i bought this she was leaving me after 19 years of marriage could you imagine. She said i must be going through a mid life crisses. Anyway thought about it for a week and came home with the car. But told her it was for my son to teach him about working on cars. He is only 13 so i have some time of driving it 3 years by then she will be over it. But i know how you feel bottom line what really changed my mind is i work 7 days a week and my wife is stay home wife.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:23 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

My GF hated cars when we first got together but I trained her well and now she loves stangs. Even though she loves them she still gets kind of mad sometimes when she comes over and I wont leave my garage all night. What I try to do is include her in things, take her to car shows, take her to the track with me, etc. Also, if you are wrenching on your car. Tell her you need her help.... ask her to hold the wrench for you, hand you tools, etc. It might get her into it a little bit. I know it works with my GF
Old 11-06-2006, 11:27 AM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

just blow it off, if shes not bitching about that shes going to be bitching about something else

might as well be bitching at you about something you enjoy, instead of mowing the lawn or something.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:29 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

^^ I would agree with that but I also agree with what twisted said...

"Just don't take too long, as there's nothing more dangerous than a lonely wife!"
Old 11-06-2006, 11:30 AM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

You have to find a happy medium, I am very lucky, my fiance' wants a stang of her own, she buys me parts and we have to take my car when we go anywhere, unless we have all the kids. But she will get upset if I spend all day in the garage. If she is just not a car person, you may be in trouble, but try to work it out. Good luck.

Quick Reply: my wife is fed up!!