5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Creative Thinkers Needed: **Updated with Photos**

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 06:02 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default Creative Thinkers Needed: **Updated with Photos**

Okay, here's the issue. I freaking HATE where the intake is for my procharger. It runs great and all, but as you can imagine, sucking in air from just above the heads is kind of bad. I imagine it's sucking in some pretty hot air there, thus hurting performance. I can't seem to find any aftermarket parts that will help me out, so I need to make some sort of custom powerpipe. Looking at the pictures, does anyone have any idea where I can actually route the intake so it's taking in colder air? I don't see any real way to get into the fenderwell, but I need to do something! LoL.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:29 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: Creative Thinkers Needed: (Procharger Issue)

Sam can you take a pic of it from the d/s of the car showing the back of the head unit? Something like this

Yeah I know it's from the pass side but you get my meaning.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:30 PM
black89gt
4th Gear Member

you could probably custom make a scoop for it. cut a hole in your hood and fiberglass a scoop it in.. like ram air. and just make a boxed in shield sorta thing that covers the filter and lays directly under the scoop, so itll be sucking in that fresh air from outside. OR you can get a intercooler!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:38 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

K, I'll snap a pic of that from different angles when I get home. I was thinking of possibly running something like a Ram air shaker hood scoop and somehow finding a way to divert the airflow to the intake. But not sure if I'll have the clearance for that and I'm not sure if it's even possible. But that was about the only thing I could think of.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:39 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Intercooled or not?
Old 11-08-2006, 06:40 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: black89gt

you could probably custom make a scoop for it. cut a hole in your hood and fiberglass a scoop it in.. like ram air. and just make a boxed in shield sorta thing that covers the filter and lays directly under the scoop, so itll be sucking in that fresh air from outside. OR you can get a intercooler!
That's what I was thinking of..just not sure how pratical it is. As far as an intercooler, I have one...sort of, LoL. I have chemical intercooling with the water / methanol injection but that can be a pain in the ***. I'm afraid to run the 2-core or the 3-core one because I'm not sure I have the room for it. In the cramped bay, I already have the radiator, tranny cooler, and AC condensor. Not sure I want to put too much else up there, especially a big *** intercooler.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Glasersil
3rd Gear Member

Yeah the way that is setup is horrible, why would they make it like that, just pulling hot hot air!
hardcore91LX
2nd Gear Member

You might be able to remove the windshield washer tank and route a custom pipe out in to the fender threw that hole after it is inlarged a little bit.
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

dont put a scoop to feed it that'll look stupid, is there any way to do like a 90 and have it under the blower?
lead09
1st Gear Member

I don't know what the cowl area looks like on a SN95 but I've seen a setup on a fox where they ran the intake straight back into the cowl.

It was some major horsepower machine in one of the engine bay picture posts. I'll try to find the pic.

Quick Reply: Creative Thinkers Needed: **Updated with Photos**