MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   T-top and vert doors (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/205957-t-top-and-vert-doors.html)

89GTRed 11-16-2006 02:34 AM

RE: T-top and vert doors

im not sure how its rice. He wants vert or t-top doors so it doesnt have the frame around the top of the window. Not some lambo doors, he wouldnt need all that stuff cuz he isnt doing lambo doors so wheres all the extra weight gonna come from. I have no idea if itll work and I have never even considered it but I wouldnt mind seeing what happens with this idea.

dimebag 11-16-2006 02:38 AM

i dont think itll work out... just my opinion tho... if it does itll be sick man, and youll have to post up pics!!!! g/l. and no, its not ricerish to do it...

motorman524 11-16-2006 02:45 AM

well my dad has been with ford for 30 or so years and he was pretty pumped when i threw this idea at him. he wants to help me with it. so i think its worth a shot, ill most def put up pics of it in progress and when its finished. i was just wonderin if anyone has ever been hit with this idea.

dimebag 11-16-2006 02:54 AM

i thought about it, my old car didnt have that top piece, and i liked that. but after thinkin about it, i noticed how big that frame up top was and figured i couldnt do it... prove me worng... please, lol.

89GTRed 11-16-2006 03:26 AM

in case you didnt catch that, it was a challenge! You wont do it motorman...you WONT!:D

motorman524 11-16-2006 03:32 AM

ooh i can...and i will[sm=signs007.gif]

7upedition 11-16-2006 10:33 AM

pretty sure he's just looking to swap a stock coupe door with a stock vert door to eliminate the doors window frame? no mention of lambo doors was made, this wouldn't be ricer imo, but a challenge in weather for sure... but i bet its doable with the right weatherstripping, i dont see why not.

ebxgsxr 11-16-2006 10:44 AM

but would there be an advantage to go with a frameless door?and would it look right if you have to add a very thick weatherstripping to compensate for the difference? im curious now. but i just dont know what the advantages are of doing it?

motorman524 11-16-2006 12:45 PM

like i'd said before, there is no advantage at all. this would be an apperence thing. its like pickin out the right hood to fit your car or your paint or rims. it's an idea and i think it would be diff.[sm=morning.gif]

as far as weather, this car wont see much of it. it'll b garaged during fall and winter. as far as rain goes though.. i dunno. i've considered that that thick weatherstrip would look a lil funny but it should be unnoticable cuz my car is black. i really need to get measurements of a t-top vs my car though. i'm really the only guy around here that cares about stangs so noone esls has one.

92hatchLX 11-16-2006 12:49 PM

Sure there is an advantage! Weight savings.