MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   T-top and vert doors (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/205957-t-top-and-vert-doors.html)

motorman524 11-16-2006 12:55 PM

RE: T-top and vert doors

naw you wouldnt save much weight doin this.[&:]

89GTRed 11-16-2006 08:30 PM

you would save a good 1-2 lbs!:D

wine_maker 11-17-2006 09:40 PM

the weight adv. is to the - side as to gain 2-3 lbs more glass and support.

But if he wants it for looks makes no deff.
>>>> just put your mind to it and do it no matter what >> just do it <<<

go man : a custom oh yea<<

motorman524 01-08-2007 12:05 AM

is there any vert or ttop guys that can give me the deminsions of their doors. or is there a website i can find this info. or am i gonna have to go to a junkyard with a tapemeasure?

vt89gtvert 01-08-2007 12:47 AM

I can help with that when i get back to my car (Thursday) if you want me to. Just tell me what you are looking for and I will see what i can to. One thing that I don't think has been mentioned and you might want to consider it the increase noise from wind. even with thick weather stripping you are going to get some of that noise us vert guys have grown used to. I don;t think it will be as bad as if it was a vert, just worse then in a normal coupe.

motorman524 01-08-2007 12:56 AM

yeah cool man. basically i want to make sure the actual doors are the same size as the doors on my ride. i need like a horizontal length measurement from the longest most points of the door, a vertical height measurement, and a width measurement of the door jams. i'm not real worried about wind noise, ive been driving my stang for about 4 months now which has no radio, dumps, and no interior.lol just parked her and got back into my dd. if you guys thonk i need any other measurements just chime in.

vt89gtvert 01-11-2007 05:58 PM

OK, so I took some measurements for ya. got7 total, if these match it should be the same door. From the back(Door handle side) of the door Bottom corner to top window corner 37 5/8" that was an inside measurement since the door curves outward. From top of door trim to bottom corner 23.5" (Also inside measure). now for lneght. Bottom of door 50 3/8" corner to corner. Top of door trim in middle of door 53.5", top of door 47.25" and top of window 24.5". Door thickness was hard to get exact for but it looks like 4.75" or so. If ya need anything else just drop me a line

bobbyward 01-11-2007 11:33 PM

you know all you have to do it saw off the top of the doors and you
have t-top/vert doors, just need to find the end cap pieces for the change over, you will need to use top/vert weatherstripping on the
front and rear leading edges of the glass to do so to fill the gaps
a friend did that to his mustang several years ago , just find a parts car to get that stuff first and just use the doors you have to save $ $

ZachW04Stang 01-12-2007 12:02 AM

I know for a fact that the t top door glass and the vert door glass are very different.

Not4you 01-12-2007 12:12 AM

My old t-top leaked like a sieve around the top and sides of the windows. It was a real PITA after a rain or washing the car. It may be a cool idea, but practically ... I'd think twice about giving yourself the aggrivation of the leaks without the benefit of a full t-top/ vert. I hope you live in the desert.