5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

sigh...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 03:21 PM
z24stang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: sigh...

Hey JABES,just wondering if you used a spray can for the flat black.I like it and im thinking of doing it.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:24 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

aww nooo the blue/gray 2tone looks awesome man.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:24 PM
ttoppedaerocoupe
2nd Gear Member

I am all for building your own combo and tuning appropriately. That being said, however, if I am planning on going with x cam, y heads, and z intake and one of the more knowledgeable guys on here posts up something like, "you know, I tried that and I found that this that and the other thing worked a little better," why would I be so stupid as to disregard their knowledge and spend a lot of money (even though appearantly a $2,500 power adder is cheap to you) on something that I have been told will not perform best? There is a huge difference between being curious and being stupid. Maybe it is just me here, but to come on here and criticize people who use this site to get the most bang for their hard earned buck seems pretty juvenile. Not everyone on here has $12,000 to spend on heads, cams, and intakes just so we can squeak out those last few ponies. Why don't you spend less time criticizing the people who are curious as to how their car will perform with a certain H/C/I swap, and spend a little more helping these same people out since you are such and "experienced engine builder".

i wish all these new owners would take the time to understand how an internal combustion engine works, maybe then we wouldn't get so many dumb posts.
And in regards to above- Has it EVER occurred to you, that maybe the reason you are sifting through all of these dumb posts is because some of these new owners WANT to learn how and internal combustion engine works?

just a couple cents for ya.

Alex
Old 11-18-2006, 03:33 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

my main point i was trying to make is that they all just want quick ways to be bad. they don't read any stickys, they don't do any searching, they just ask what will get them 400hp and don't care what parts they are, as long as they give a little more kick in the pants. thats juvenile to me. i'm not criticizing anyone, its just in my opinion, we as "the pro's" should be asking what these people want to get out of their cars, instead of just pointing them to the trickflow kit.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:36 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wythors

This is the internet. If you don't do what everybody else does, you're stupid. Don't you know that everybody should do exactly the same thing to their car that you do to yours? That your opinion is the only thing that matters? I can personally tell you that GT40X heads, an E-cam and Cobra intake is absolutely the BEST combination out there. I know, because that's what I have on my car and I'll e-defend that statement to the e-death.
LOL gt40x heads, e cam, and cobra intake are the BEST combination out there? damn i must have been misinformed. not like theres a HUGE aftermaket or anything.

i tend to suggest saving for a more pricey setup and peicing it together, but then 37 people and their mom suggest the trick flow kit so it kinda gets drowned out. i dono im not too big on the "budget build" thing. i say save you money for the good **** and buy GOOD H/C/I. then again i have a completely different opinion than alot of people. as for edelbrock, i suggest their vic jrs all the time. great head for the money and can be ported to outflow alot of top end heads, all for less money. i guess if you're lazy you can just go w/ the kit
Old 11-18-2006, 03:37 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

i think ur a lil full of yourself. no one here is "the pros". this is a place for everyone to learn from eachother. i do agree with you that people need to learn to how internal combustion engines work, and the only way to do that is to ask Q's.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:37 PM
zemog
2nd Gear Member

building my own combo.......well see how it works, i agree, i'd rather try something myself .......try this on for size........
428cj heads
429 scj block
406 rods & pistons
390 crank
67 fairlane.........built along time ago
oh yeah 411 9" locker
z
Old 11-18-2006, 05:28 PM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

Obviously you havent been reading the posts because I just asked yesterday about a combo that i am trying to work out with Edelbrock Performer heads and intake, I actually do want something diff, hoping for some good results here

https://mustangforums.com/m_2273243/tm.htm

but I didnt get much of an answer from very many people. I will even bump it. If you wana read it and give some advise that would be great. But it seems when i post something about a combo I am trying to work out no one answers the questions.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Stanpower
4th Gear Member

Why ? Because trick flow is a proven good set up and fairly priced..........tough to beat that!
Old 11-18-2006, 05:42 PM
OneFine89Mustang
4th Gear Member

the trickflow kit is a very good combo

Quick Reply: sigh...