5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

sigh...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 02:17 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Default sigh...

i've noticed that just about everyone is recommending the trick flow kit for H/c/i... i'm just curious... whatever happened to researching and building your own. it seems that almost half of the people in this forum are running the same kit. doesn't seem very independent to me. i dunno... me, personally, i like building my own setup's and tuning accordingly... aparently i'm the only one.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:18 PM
wythors
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: sigh...

This is the internet. If you don't do what everybody else does, you're stupid. Don't you know that everybody should do exactly the same thing to their car that you do to yours? That your opinion is the only thing that matters? I can personally tell you that GT40X heads, an E-cam and Cobra intake is absolutely the BEST combination out there. I know, because that's what I have on my car and I'll e-defend that statement to the e-death.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:21 PM
BlackLX
4th Gear Member

Because the trick flow kit actually works and it's cheap. If you piece together your own it will be more expensive unless you buy used.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:25 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wythors

This is the internet. If you don't do what everybody else does, you're stupid. Don't you know that everybody should do exactly the same thing to their car that you do to yours? That your opinion is the only thing that matters? I can personally tell you that GT40X heads, an E-cam and Cobra intake is absolutely the BEST combination out there. I know, because that's what I have on my car and I'll e-defend that statement to the e-death.

lol
Old 11-18-2006, 02:28 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

all i know is that when i pull up next to another stang at the strip or local straightaway i wouldn't wanna be neck and neck with some guy that threw on some 'go fast' kit, and come to find out we have identical motors. no one has any pride anymore. they just wanna go fast cheap. it bothers me. the 5.0 platform is one of the most customizable engines in the world, and everyone does the same old ****.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:31 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

I guess it is just easier to buy a kit

Anyway, wy wouldn't you get what everyone else has...that is usually what works without wasting money figuring out you own setup
Old 11-18-2006, 02:36 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

cuz i'm an experienced engine builder, i do custom setups at my work(E&G Automotive, W. Springfield, MA). i guess thats what set's me apart from most kiddy's on here. i don't see the point in building a motor that has already been built to death. anyone can purchase a 2500$ kit and slap it on. i guess all i'm really saying is that i would like to see more people on here interested in building something fresh, that hasn't been seen much lately. no one even refer's to edelbrock stuff anymore, and that's kinda weird, cuz edelbrock is one of the foremost leaders in airflow technology, they've been around forever, and know what they're doing, yet no one even talks about them.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:43 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

You can use the same parts as the next guy, but still make your better with all your know how....I like to do things on the cheap without having to buy all these parts. I like the guys that think if they buy these, their car will be fast and have no understanding how they work. My car is faster than most of these guys on here that have a ton of $$$ in their engine....I don't get that(I do..I just undestand my engine)
Old 11-18-2006, 02:47 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

yah thats true. i wish all these new owners would take the time to understand how an internal combustion engine works, maybe then we wouldn't get so many dumb posts.[sm=sigh.gif]
Old 11-18-2006, 03:02 PM
JABES
2nd Gear Member

word to that

Quick Reply: sigh...