5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what should my next mod be?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Default what should my next mod be?

I know its my opinion but i dont know what i want.

here is the deal, christmas is comming and i want to get a pair/set of something good. Something that goes together for bigger power gains, say like a head cam and intake combo( def don't have the money for that ).

All i have for my car is a CAI and Underdrive Pulleys and Stage 1 Clutch.

Soon i will have a full exhaust system ( flowmasters, heads and mid pipe ). Gears( 4.10's ) and that is it.

I can't ask for anything to crazy like almost 1k but around there is pretty good. This is almost 4 people chipping in for me.

The body is in good shape, the paint is perfect besides the right side of my car which ran down my driveway and scraped the whole side. I need a rear quarter panel but i think its fixable no scratched paint just needs to be popped out.

Anyways, to get to the point. I want something good that will give me nice power gains. Say like Flowmasters and a mid pipe, cams and pistons blah blah. I can't think of what i want!!!!!!

So far i think i might go with a Eibach Pro System Kit
Old 11-20-2006, 02:53 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

Default RE: what should my next mod be?

not any power but subframes are always a good mod
Old 11-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: primetime5.0

i heard much about those man. I think i should work on my suspension some more. After i buy my gears and full exhaust i think its time i get the suspension so i can get that power to the ground. What do they do in general? Don't they keep you from having excessive body roll?
Old 11-20-2006, 03:04 PM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black95MustangGT

ORIGINAL: primetime5.0

i heard much about those man. I think i should work on my suspension some more. After i buy my gears and full exhaust i think its time i get the suspension so i can get that power to the ground. What do they do in general? Don't they keep you from having excessive body roll?
they wouldnt help body roll too much i dont think because they arent really part of the suspension. they are just a way to stiffen up the chassis and help minimize chassis flex.. thus helping your car handle better all around. if you are gonna dive into the suspension chassis next i would say subframe connectors/ upper and lower control arms/ and i'm sure somebody will chime in with something else but i am having a brain cramp and thats all i can think of right now....it was a long weekend.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:04 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

what do you plan to do w. the car? drag? if drag i can give some insight about suspension.... if not, then someone else will be able to help you. either way, i suggest suspension too.... i plan to be midish 13s on a stock motor, w. just suspension, tires, and maybe a gear.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:05 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

sub frames keep the body from flexing. ridgidity is very important for getting power to the ground.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

later on in the future i want this car to be my race car. for the street and track.

i am probably going for my suspension kit. i dont know which kit i want yet. but 800 is probably the most i'll go.

If i lower my car will i need any other stuff to keep it from scraping my tires?
Old 11-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

bump
Old 11-20-2006, 05:42 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Did you get the UD pulley kit installed yet? I was curious how that went.

If I had $1,000 to spend and had your mod list, I'd probably start by getting a set of Ford Racing 3.73 gears. You should be able to find that for $350 - $400 installed. Maybe spend the rest on some U/L control arms and subframe connectors. That should get you to $1,000 if you shop around.

If you don't have gears, they will help a great deal. They won't add HP, but it will sure feel like they did.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:50 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

+1, gears deffinatly... and as for your suspension... heres my plan for my street/strip car....eibach drag springs, steeda hardcore rear drag kit(adj uppers, solid lowers, anti roll bar), 70/30s up front(maybe 90/10, still undecided), and 50/50s out back... w. gears, and stronger moser axles, and DRs

Quick Reply: what should my next mod be?