5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

WHERES MY CAR ?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 04:12 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: WHERES MY CAR ?!?!?

I think they guys are enjoying running the **** out the car?..what machine'in? there is none..
Old 11-22-2006, 04:14 PM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2 kwik

I think they guys are enjoying running the **** out the car?..what machine'in? there is none..

I was thinking that myself. first time i have ever heard of having to machine shims. usualy you just mix and match till your tooth contact patern is correct.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:15 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

iceman... the guys said that they knew a guy who owned a machine shop and would do it for them. And plus they are charing me an extra 25 for the shims.

frdmstng.. satisified customer? they could charge me $100 dollars and I would still not be satisified. Its not about money, its about having your priorities straight and not bs'ing customers ya know.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:17 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: frdmstng1986GT

I was thinking that myself. first time i have ever heard of having to machine shims. usualy you just mix and match till your tooth contact patern is correct.
Definetly a first time for me too hearing that! He said that the shims werent correct but they couldnt get the right ones from Ford. He also said something about them needing to have little groves in them, he said that they were supposed to have 4 groves on one of the shims but it only had three [&:]
Old 11-22-2006, 04:17 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

if you would have bought a FMS ring and pinion the shims would have come with them, coarse they don't make a 3.90
Old 11-22-2006, 04:23 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

if you would have bought a FMS ring and pinion the shims would have come with them, coarse they don't make a 3.90
Yea, I know. If it were me I would of baughten the FRPP but my girlfriend baught them for me because she looked on here on the forums and seen that I told someone I wanted 3.90's lol Thats not even the point though, he has the parts now! Why couldnt it be done by 5:00? No f*cking reason why.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:28 PM
MEM 302 5.0L
3rd Gear Member

Id definitely go check up on the car to make sure its still there, but my car was in the shop for 3 weeks for what was supposed to be a couple days of work, they had to wait on parts to get there as well...and they were actually telling me the truth, so maybe they arent lying, just go check on the car and then just be patient.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:40 PM
ILUVMYSTANG
3rd Gear Member

you need to drive over there there and tell them whats going to happen.

You tell them they need to get it down now or ur taking ur car some where else. You dont let F**k Ups like them to push you around like that when ur paying them for a 1 day job!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:47 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I drive by there almost every day when I get off of work and its there. I also have seen it and everything is installed except for the ring and diff, the install kit is it, etc. Just the shims. And believe me, they definetly know that I am pissed but I dont think they care. And I clocked my mileage before I gave it to them so Ill see how much they drive it whenever they get it done.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:55 PM
jsklx50
2nd Gear Member

That kind of BS is exactly why I stopped letting shops work on my car. I now do EVERYTHING myself and even though I'm no pro mechanic I get it done. Maybe its just my luck but I've never got my car back on time from any mechanic, furthermore I've found that auto repair shops are dishonest and do sh1tty work. For example, I had an engine built that blew a head gasket while tuning it. It was never even driven! I've heard there are good honest shops out there but I also heard sasquatch lives in the woods behind my house and thats what the neighbors dog barks at every night! You need to go get your car asap whether its done or not and warn everyone you know about that shop. The a$$hole who told you it would be done in 1 day new he was lying when he told you that and only said it so you wouldnt take the car elsewhere. GO GET YOUR CAR!

Quick Reply: WHERES MY CAR ?!?!?