5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 02:13 AM
XSRACINGGT
3rd Gear Member

Default What to do?

Ok, if you guys had limited money to play with, and your previous car is wrecked(see bottom of sig for pics), but the whole drivetrain is good, would you buy a cheap 4 cyl car and convert everything over, or would you look towards this deal: 1989 ex GA Highway Patrol car, no motor, trans, or rearend. 5.0 wiring harness and interior intact, primer grey, 10 hole wheels smooth straight body all for less then 1000 bucks. I can buy a complete running 4 cyl car for 350. I dont know what condition the body is in. Is it alot of trouble trying to turn it into a 5.0 car? or is the HP car a better deal even if its more money? I have a wedding to help pay for, and my fiancee' just got out of the hospital for 3 days having her thyroid gland removed. The surgery is gonna end up costing me close to 7 grand. She is doesnt want me to spend 1000 dollars because of the bills and the wedding. But the bug has hit me to make a running car again. there are a couple more 4 cyl cars that are cheap around and I really wanna notch car. what would you guys say?
Old 11-25-2006, 02:16 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: What to do?

Ummm, no hospitalization?
Old 11-25-2006, 02:18 AM
XSRACINGGT
3rd Gear Member

oh yeah, she had 3 days in there, was supposed to be only 1 day, but her calcium count was down. thats why I havent been on here all week. shes home now, sore, but home nonetheless.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:21 AM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

Well if you are looking to get it goig asap, then i would go with the gutted 5.0, but if you got some time to play with then go for the 4 banger.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:22 AM
88gtboy
2nd Gear Member

relax with those bills... I wrecked my motorcylcle and acrewed some bills also...

You dont have to pay it by a certain time.. its not like they are the mafia They arnt going to come get u.

Just pay some here and there, and build your car.

Well if the 4 cylinder is clean, then id get that.

Since you have a running car, just swap over all the harnesses, and your motor and trans and u should be good to go. It would be hard ONLY if u didnt have a whole car at your disposal. You can take anything u neeed off it which is good.

Id rather spend a weekend or two doing that then paying some paint and body man a astromical ammount of money(which in MY opinnion they always charge too much) and have a semi clean notch for the cheap.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:27 AM
XSRACINGGT
3rd Gear Member

yeah, i know the bills can be paid over time, but shes more worried about the wedding money, since we are paying for it cause her parents cant afford to. We have a house thats being built and will be done in april too. but no worries about that. I was gonna buy a car to rebuild and use my tax returns to help with the wedding, plus I do heating and air conditioning and can always find side jobs to do. I just hate to see her mad or upset with me. I love her to death and know she loves me to death also, but I thought I was selfish? maybe? maybe not>? what you guys think?
Old 11-25-2006, 02:41 AM
88gtboy
2nd Gear Member

Not really... Look at the sacrifices your makeing for her. you deserve the car
Old 11-25-2006, 02:44 AM
XSRACINGGT
3rd Gear Member

yeah, i was kinda thinking the same thing. I do have all winter to do the project. so I could go the cheaper route and buy the 4 cyl if its in good shape. i will have to go look at those cars. thanks for the help. just wnated to make sure I wasnt alone out here thinking the way I do.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:49 AM
musclemustang94
3rd Gear Member

if the 4cyl is clean do that bro. as for everything else, i am sorry for your misfortunes. I will pray for you. However, you will get through it and things will get better. Take it easy and relax, if i were you...id buckle down and pay off the hospital and wedding first. I had to wait 2 years to get my stang cuz i got married and started school. it sucked, but now i got it all. Dont sweat it though! We are all here for you.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:53 AM
XSRACINGGT
3rd Gear Member

thanks for the prayers Muscle. I know they help. I was on my knees plenty this week for her. she came through it well. I am lucky to have what I have. thats what I really think. its just not like me to be patient easily. God didnt bless me with too much of that ability. hehe