5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

..say it aint so.....need accident advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 11:31 PM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

Default ..say it aint so.....need accident advice

Well, today the stang was rear ended...I was going to make a left hand turn, was completely stopped and had my blinker on while waiting for traffic to pass, and about 25 seconds later I heard a slight screech in the tires from behind me, and before I knew it me and my car were slammed 8 feet or so.

So here's the deal, I had a 93 mustang gt with only 73k miles on it. It had a complete flowmaster exhaust system on it, but not that it might matter to my insurance company. Ok so here's my question:

What do you think the insurance company will do, total out my car and gimme a lump of cash, or get my car fixed!?

Sorry, I didn't have anytime to take pics, I was just in shock and bummed out my car was crashed into. Maybe 2morrow I can take some if I go look at it, but I don't really wanna see it lol. THIS SUCKS
Old 11-25-2006, 11:44 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

Default RE: ..say it aint so.....need accident advice

they will probably total it since its and older car and not worth very much they should give you the option to buy the car back, but we all need pictures to be sure
Old 11-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Simon9350
1st Gear Member

it depends on how bad it is first of all. Im guessing that since it is a 93? right that they might total it. Call your agent and discuss your options if you want to keep it they might send you a check fix it for cheaper and put the rest in some new mods maybe..........Call your agent
Old 11-25-2006, 11:50 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

it's not up to his insurance... who ever hit him they're insurance is responcable, and most of the time you take the car to the other persons agent and if they don't give you what the car is realy worth or they don't pay enough to fix it you can take the individual to court and get the majority of the money that wasn't given to you, because it was they're fault accident... this only works if you called the cops and they found you not at fault at all which 99.9% of the time the don't in a read end crash, and i know this works in michigan not sure about where you live
Old 11-26-2006, 12:02 AM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

Yea kinda hard to say without pics...but the whole back bumper was smashed, the hatch/wing was fine, the left quarter panel is bent up a little, one exhaust pipe is bent down and hangs 3 inches above the ground where as the other is maybe 1 inch off the ground. From what everyone at the scene told me, after seeing both cars, it looks like he went under my bumper (he was driving a civic, and it was totalled, and it was more of a smashed down look than smashed in).
Old 11-26-2006, 12:09 AM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94gtcoupe

it's not up to his insurance... who ever hit him they're insurance is responcable, and most of the time you take the car to the other persons agent and if they don't give you what the car is realy worth or they don't pay enough to fix it you can take the individual to court and get the majority of the money that wasn't given to you, because it was they're fault accident... this only works if you called the cops and they found you not at fault at all which 99.9% of the time the don't in a read end crash, and i know this works in michigan not sure about where you live
Old 11-26-2006, 12:16 AM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

In replay to the quoted forum member:

The good news is that in pennsylvania, if your hit from behind, its automatically the other persons fault. Another good bit of news is the insurance company already called my house and admitted fault, hopefully this'll get things rolling!

Still sucks tho, I loved that car!!! Ha and last night I made the chrome ponies look so sexy
Old 11-26-2006, 12:19 AM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

show emotion towards the car and tell them it is very low mileage for the year. mines a 93 and has 2x what yours has on it and its still considered "low" for the year of the car.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:57 AM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

Mine is four years younger and has 4 times the miles. One of my friends totaled his 92 in High school and was able to fix the car with the money he got from the insurance. He went out and bought the parts himself and did the runnning around, but he got a new paint job out of it all.....
Old 11-26-2006, 02:27 AM
ooticamitica
4th Gear Member

fix it, it sounds like minor damage considering the amount of accidents that have been happening on this forum lately!

Quick Reply: ..say it aint so.....need accident advice