5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Wire Hidding, K Member & Battery Relocating Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 01:14 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default Wire Hidding, K Member & Battery Relocating Kit

I am in the process right now if hiding all my wires, etc. and I was thinking about relocating my battery to the rear. Is there any "best looking" kit out there? Looks are definetly important since Im trying to build somewhat of a show car.

K member - I baught a D&D K member a while back and I was planning on using that with their a arms and their coil over kit. Everyone I talk to running D&D either says they love it or they hate it. Whats your opinion? I want to know before I jump into it and try installing their front end kit without success.

Wire Hiding - I just got the fenders off, etc. last night and tonight I am going to jump into the wiring, I have read the tech articles, etc. but is there any tips, words of advice, etc. anyone can give me?

THANKS!

Dan
Old 11-29-2006, 01:28 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Wire Hidding, K Member & Battery Relocating Kit

As for a battery relocating kit I was looking at the Steeda one but dont want to pay that much so I was looking at this.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I dont see how it could be a "bad" kit but I thought I would ask anyway. And should I get the 1 gauge or 2 gauge kit. Theres like a $20 dollar price difference...
Old 11-29-2006, 01:37 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

noone? you guys suck! [:@]
Old 11-29-2006, 01:55 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

relax man, we cant answer all questions all the time.

I have the same battery box and it is IHRA legal, and easy to install, but if you plan on racing at the track you will need a battery cutoff switch in the back.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:56 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

thicker wire is better, I used 1 gauge for the battery cables to the front and from the alternator to the battery.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:17 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: silver91gt

relax man, we cant answer all questions all the time.

I have the same battery box and it is IHRA legal, and easy to install, but if you plan on racing at the track you will need a battery cutoff switch in the back.
I was just messing around with that comment. I been on the forums long enough to know that it does take atleast SOME time to get your q's answered lol. Anyway, Im glad to hear that someone else has this box and no problems with it. I am going to go ahead and get it. Thanks for the help man. I appreciate it.

Now, back to the wire hiding and the k member. Anyone?
Old 11-29-2006, 03:36 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i had a D&D k-member in my old sn95 and plan on ordering another one when i get my notch. aslo i bought the taylor battery box as well it was a really nice piece and comes with everything u need to move it to the trunk
Old 11-29-2006, 03:37 PM
rez_rocket
1st Gear Member

How difficult was it to pull the fenders?
Sorry i couldnt answer any question. Im in the same boat as u, just starting this process
Old 11-29-2006, 03:39 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

i had a D&D k-member in my old sn95 and plan on ordering another one when i get my notch. aslo i bought the taylor battery box as well it was a really nice piece and comes with everything u need to move it to the trunk
Thats awsome to hear man. Thanks alot. I guess Im going to keep the D&D now. Mind as well, I already have it you know.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:41 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

yea i thought u were installing that a while back? have u not had the time? also when u do ur going to need c/c plates to help get the alignment. well i had to anyways cause my car was low as hell. what spring rate did u go with with ur coilover springs?

Quick Reply: Wire Hidding, K Member & Battery Relocating Kit