5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

If you know alot this tread is for you...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 02:11 PM
reduceallpain
2nd Gear Member

Default If you know alot this tread is for you...

I seem to have a new question everyday and being i haven't posted in a while i'll put them all in here [8D]

What are the stock heads on a 89 lx?

What do you think of ported E7TE Heads?

The guy that sold me the car said it has a Stage 1 cam in it... What are the kinds of Stages 1 cams?

When the stock clutches go bad, do they get very hard? Mine is going i'm pretty sure.. My friend has a king cobra clutch in his 95 cobra and its going bad but very easy to press... Confusing the hell outta me

Do they have a few different kinds of Saleen spoilers? 1 with the 3rd brake light and 1 without? Or do they make replicas like that.

How long does it take you to drop the trans outta your cars?

Weather Stripping, how much do you guys pay for it for the whole car?

I have the 85 mph speedo, Would the Saleen 160 mph speedo directly fit into the car?

How many of you have gotten pulled over just so the cop can look at your cars?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:17 PM
red89fiveO
1st Gear Member

Default RE: If you know alot this tread is for you...

i can only answer a couple of your questions....

the one about your clutch.... when it is going bad it will start slipping... its easy to notice because your RPM's will go up but you wont be accelerating... about the whole hard to push in i dont think thats a good indication of how to tell.... the king cobra is supposed to feel lighter like that because its a racing clutch...

i got my tranny out in about 6 hours of work time... but i ran into problems when pulling mine off... the last person that put everything back together used a lot of different sized nuts, stripped about half of those and it was just a pain in my ***... had to cut 2 bolts with a dremel... so hopefully u will have better luck!!

just about everyone that sells parts for mustangs has weather stripping.... google will be your friend there!

hope this helps ya out
Old 11-30-2006, 02:17 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

1. e7s

2. they can be ported out to flow quite well

3. stage 1 usually refers to it being a mild grind, good for lightly modded engines. check w/ him on the brand, may be a trickflow

4. what do you mean hard? usually the slip more and are harder to get in gear is a sign of going out

5. dont have a clue i hate saleen spoilers

6. dropping trans can take 15 minutes or it can take a while, depends on if you have all the tools ready and know what you're doing

7. not a clue, check 5.0resto

8. ya, probably quite expensive though
Old 11-30-2006, 02:20 PM
reduceallpain
2nd Gear Member

Is there anyway to figure out what kinda of fuel pump i have besides dropping the gas tank? I'm positive it is not stock
Old 11-30-2006, 02:28 PM
red89fiveO
1st Gear Member

talk to whoever you bought the car from or drop the tank... only 2 ways i can think of
Old 11-30-2006, 02:32 PM
blackstang2887
2nd Gear Member

how hard it is to press the clutch in has no relation to wether its going bad or not.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:31 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

you clutch might be hard to press because your bearing retainer might be going bad
i can get my tranny out in about 45 min. about 75min. to put it in (with out a hoist and using hand tools)
20-30 min. to take it out and about 45 min to put it in (with hoist and air tools)
and i've been pulled over 4 times in 48 hours so cops could look at my car (mustangs/sports cars are rare when i live, everyone drives trucks[:'(])

sorry i couldn't answer the rest of the ?'s for you
ORIGINAL: reduceallpain

I seem to have a new question everyday and being i haven't posted in a while i'll put them all in here [8D]

The guy that sold me the car said it has a Stage 1 cam in it... What are the kinds of Stages 1 cams?

When the stock clutches go bad, do they get very hard? Mine is going i'm pretty sure.. My friend has a king cobra clutch in his 95 cobra and its going bad but very easy to press... Confusing the hell outta me

Do they have a few different kinds of Saleen spoilers? 1 with the 3rd brake light and 1 without? Or do they make replicas like that.

I have the 85 mph speedo, Would the Saleen 160 mph speedo directly fit into the car?

Old 11-30-2006, 06:35 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: reduceallpain

- Stock heads on your car are E7's

- I think porting the stock heads are worthless unless you are doing it yourself because your are bored and REALLY cant afford anything else.

- Im sure he is talking about a TrickFlow Stage 1 cam. Not to many other companies go by "Stages"

- I only thought that there was one kind of Saleen spoiler but I may be wrong.

- trans depends if its auto or manual

- I get my weather stripping dirt cheap from a local vendor for CJ Pony Parts.

- I have never gotten pulled over at all..... yet.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:37 PM
dillon1340
4th Gear Member

weatherstripping is cheapest at 50resto. my last two pieces should be delivered to me today. $17 door to body. $22 hatch. run channels are like $30.

http://www.50resto.com