5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

would my car lift if...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 02:34 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: would my car lift if...

yes and no. if you goal is to have you 13 sec car lift then yes... but if its a stock motor, that you did you suspension mods to before motor mods and it runs a mid 13 and lifts then thats not ricer at all.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:18 PM
5speed GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88blackgt

getting the wheels off the ground actually makes you slower, and trying to make a 13 second car lift the wheels seems ricer to me, trying to make a car look like more than it is
ya, you know those ricers... always trying to get thier front tires off the ground... I always thought neon lights were ricer... not transfering weight and running 13's with a stock engine mustang.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:08 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

lol you're kidding right

if your goal is just to pull the wheels, with no attention paid to actually making the car quicker, that is ricer. PULLING THE FRONT WHEELS DOES NOT MAKE THE CAR FASTER, SO IF YOUR GOAL IS TO PULL THE WHEELS, YOU INTEND TO GO SLOWER

people who want to make their car quicker dont worry about whether the wheels lift or things like that. if it happens, so be it, but thats not the goal
Old 12-12-2006, 05:19 PM
5speed GT
3rd Gear Member

No one said thier goal was to just pull the front wheels. The original post was made clear in the 2nd paragraph that he didnt mean pulling the front tires off the ground, he just wanted the front to raise up some... I was figuring it was for weight transfer. And I am not disagreeing with you that its dumb to try to pull tires up only... but I am saying that no one here is saying they want to do that.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:25 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

sorry that was just the impression i got from what was said earlier

haha not sure the purpose of the question then, obviously theres going to be weight transfer, theres weight transfer on my v6 FWD buick. one of those damn "physics" things, always seem to show up
Old 12-12-2006, 06:03 PM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88blackgt

sorry that was just the impression i got from what was said earlier

haha not sure the purpose of the question then, obviously theres going to be weight transfer, theres weight transfer on my v6 FWD buick. one of those damn "physics" things, always seem to show up
lol yeah.. physics, what a concept huh? lol. anyways i think he is just wanting to get more weight transfer to help him get better traction off the line.

but anyways.. like i stated originaly, you are on the right track for better weight transfer. dont run lowering springs if you want better weight transfer, they are stiffer and thus hinder weight transfer. look at eibach drag springs or the frpp drag springs... or to get out of it cheap leave your stock 5.0 springs in the back and put 4cyl springs in the front. also.. some drag radials will help get better traction and inturn make the front end raise up quicker and transfer more weight to the back wheels. also as was already said
Old 12-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Streetracer911
3rd Gear Member

I think all of you EXCEPT 5speedgt need to go back to english class and learn how to read....he clearly stated that he DID NOT want his front wheels to come off the ground, all he was asking was he doesn't want his BODY to lift....[sm=rant.gif]
Old 12-12-2006, 07:46 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford91mustang

i was curious if i bought shocks & struts, lowering springs, and rear control arms (upper and lower) and removed my A/C, smog and front swaybar would my car pick up in the front at all??? if not, what else would i need to do. by saying lift up i do not mean getting the tires off the ground, i am asking if the body would go up.
hmmmm why would anyone NOT want the body to lift some, that means you're getting good weight transfer.

seems to me you're the one who needs to learn how to read
Old 12-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

you dont really want the car to come off the ground, what you want is good weight transfer. so the the rear tires get the max amount of traction without taking the steering away from you. so what your looking for is a suspension set up that will make the car launch better not pull the wheels or top the suspension out.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:17 PM
MACDRIVE
2nd Gear Member

I'd rather run low 12's with the A/C blowing ice cold air. [sm=burnout.gif]

Quick Reply: would my car lift if...