5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What is part called? (Located by resevoir)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 04:08 PM
blk95snake
1st Gear Member

Default What is part called? (Located by resevoir)

There is a black metal box attached to the bracket that is screwed to the coolant resevoir on my 94 cobra. It has a wiring harness and connector running into the side of it and the bracket part attaches to the front of the engine bay. What is this part called, and what does it do? I finally figured out that this is what is making the constant clicking noise when I hook up my battery. There is a small bolt in the center of the connector on the side of the metal box. It seems a little loose. I recently had to remove the bracket and resevoir when putting in my new harmonic balancer. I think I might have damaged the connector or something. Could this be causing my electrical problems? Thanks for the help.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:19 PM
blk95snake
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What is part called? (Located by resevoir)

According to my manual it's called the "Constant Control Relay Module". Why would it be clicking?
Old 12-14-2006, 04:21 PM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

Picture might help
Old 12-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Well just hope that doesnt go bad.......They are a pretty penny to replace, another downfall of the sn95's "the black box"

Old 12-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

http://www.blueovalnews.com/index.ph..._articleid=144

Read through this, its in there somewhere, theres actually alotof good info on the sn95. Good article
Old 12-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Is the connection tight? What electrical problems are you having?
Old 12-14-2006, 04:45 PM
blk95snake
1st Gear Member

The problem first started a week or so ago. I would be driving and all the guages would start going up and down and the car would bog at the same time. Also, the Abs yellow light would come on too. When I stopped and let the car idle it would usually stop. A few days later it was to the point where I would try and start it and I would here a clicking noise from under the hood. It was a constant clicking with about a second between clicks. The alram would beep at about the same rate. The only way to get it to stop was to unplug the neg. battery cable. I found a screw toucing the voltage regulator so I though I might of messed it up. So I replaced the regulator and nothing changed. Right now I have the neg. battery cable unhooked and when I hook it back up there is a clicking noise coming from the CCRM. If I wiggle the neg. battery cable a bit the clicking sometimes stops, but when I try to start it it just clicks and then goes dead (like the alarm is killing the car). The only thing is the alarm has been cut so it can't kill the car anymore. I messed with the CCRM a few weeks go so I might have messed it up. I just hate to spend all that money on the part if it isn't it.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:50 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

damn electrical gremlins
Old 12-14-2006, 04:51 PM
blk95snake
1st Gear Member

Ninetyfive5O,

I read the article and that sucks!!! I called Advanced Auto and they've never even heard of the thing. I'm going to see if I can tighten it and maybe that'll help.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:44 PM
blk95snake
1st Gear Member

I called the Ford house and the CCRM is $150. They won't let me talk to a tech to get there opinion, and they also say I can't return the part if it doesn't fix the problem. @ss holes! So now I'm debating on whether to buy the part or not. It's definetly the CCRM that's clicking, but who knows for sure if it's broken? Decisions, decisions...

Quick Reply: What is part called? (Located by resevoir)