5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

EEC question....swapping years

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:20 PM
ddeaton66
3rd Gear Member

Default EEC question....swapping years

Has anyone used a 89-93 EEC in a '94-95 car? How much wiring has to be changed/spliced etc?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:23 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: EEC question....swapping years

DONT DO IT FOR ****S SAKE!!!!!!!!

weve gone over this before.. just get yours tuned
Old 12-21-2006, 11:28 PM
ddeaton66
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like good advice to me. I know you are a MS fan but I think I read you have experience with the Tweecer too. If a person was going to keep the AODE would you recommend using the tweecer over the MS in order to retain control of the trans or would some sort of a hybrid scenario be better?>

TIA
Old 12-21-2006, 11:28 PM
95walter
1st Gear Member

i have heard of that being done, many people have suggested it to me. i have heard that it is very easy to do. the reason that i was going to do it was that i want things that my computer doesn't like and there is nowhere around that i can get a tune.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:42 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

just get a dyno tune
Old 12-21-2006, 11:44 PM
ddeaton66
3rd Gear Member

too simple, thanks anyway
Old 12-22-2006, 04:30 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ddeaton66

too simple, thanks anyway
The 'too simple' comment must have been in regards to a dyno tune.

If you are saying that a tweecer or pms is 'too simple' then you are obviously much smarter than anyone but NASA scientists. lol

The main problem with installing a Fox computer in an sn95, is that after all that work... You will still have the factory Fox computer.
The Fox tune will be far from ideal for your setup.

From the parts lists I remember seeing, the computer conversion mentioned will be similarly priced to a tweecer RT.

My opinion is to...
1. Get a dyno tune
2. Tune the car yourself with a tweecer, pms, etc.

Some searches (on this site and others) will yield some good info on this topic.

just my opinion though,
jason
Old 12-22-2006, 12:56 PM
ddeaton66
3rd Gear Member

LOL..yes that remark was geared towards the Dyno tune. Although I am not a rocket scientist I do ok myself and want to be able to tune the car myself. The question was more about how was the best way to retain an AODE and control its function. This is a project I am working on, a signifigant hybrid, and I am trying to decide which is the best overall route to go with it. I have access to both an AOD and an AODE and overall I think I'd like to keep the AODE if I can properly control it. I like the MS system for fuel and spark but, I am thinking the tweecer r/t would better suit this project so that I can control the AODE. I am just conductiing some research, I have 3 projects in various states of completion (one just in the thought process) and to try to explain all I am considering at once would certainly convince everyone I was mad.....I appologize for any confusion.

Thanks to all
Old 12-22-2006, 05:19 PM
vristang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ddeaton66

LOL..yes that remark was geared towards the Dyno tune. Although I am not a rocket scientist I do ok myself and want to be able to tune the car myself. The question was more about how was the best way to retain an AODE and control its function. This is a project I am working on, a signifigant hybrid, and I am trying to decide which is the best overall route to go with it. I have access to both an AOD and an AODE and overall I think I'd like to keep the AODE if I can properly control it. I like the MS system for fuel and spark but, I am thinking the tweecer r/t would better suit this project so that I can control the AODE. I am just conductiing some research, I have 3 projects in various states of completion (one just in the thought process) and to try to explain all I am considering at once would certainly convince everyone I was mad.....I appologize for any confusion.

Thanks to all
Most of us hear are a little mad
Having multiple projects is probably the norm here

From what I understand of the MS, it is a complete replacement computer.
The tweecer will allow you to retain the factory computer, and make the needed changes from there. If the factory computer controlled the AODE, then you should be able to modify those settings with a tweecer.

I have some experience with the tweecer, and it is a great tuning tool. Especially for v8 cars.

jason