5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

CAN IT BE FRIENDS OR WAR?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 12:59 AM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CAN IT BE FRIENDS OR WAR?

i concur... muscle is muscle regardless of the company... we all have twice the cylinders the ricers do so why don't we show then whats happends when you fu*k with the USA lol
ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

Why can't we all just get along and starting focusing on whats important. Kicking the *** of ricers and looking good doing it.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:13 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I think that SS is a good lookin car, I'd drive one.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:25 AM
VigCS
5th Gear Member

I'd like an F body too. Chevy makes some fast *** stuff.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:31 AM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

ive owned both in the past. the chevy is easy to work on but the design is just crappy. GM will cut corners on design to save money where as ford is the opposite. fords are easy to work on, period. GM makes some pretty hard cars to work on. the main problem is they always need work. my chevy smoked from every gasket and leaked everywhere. it had less miles than my stang and really ruined my love for chevies (my dad raised me pro-chevy lol..)

i love the stang... it giving me problems right now (heater core) but i dont care. it still spanks anything that dares race it.. except a recent blue corvette that smoked me royaly either way he gave me a thumbs up and went on his way. he had a surprised look on his face (shut down at 140). he was well ahead but i was able to catcch up some-what before he shut down.. im guessing he hit the rev limiter)

he was an older guy and had a big smile on his face. i figure hes got atleast an ls2 whiich is pushing 400hp.. my car probably doesnt make 200rwhp and was able to match his speed. im sure he could have gone faster but believe me we were both hauling ***. i would buy a vette anyday of the week if i had the money
Old 12-23-2006, 01:37 AM
BackInBlack90LX
3rd Gear Member

so lets say i run shortie headers, mid pipe and flows and i go 70mmtb i got my cold air a at what point do i start putting bigger injectors and stuff like that?
Old 12-23-2006, 01:54 AM
VigCS
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 93 LX FiveO

ive owned both in the past. the chevy is easy to work on but the design is just crappy. GM will cut corners on design to save money where as ford is the opposite. fords are easy to work on, period. GM makes some pretty hard cars to work on. the main problem is they always need work. my chevy smoked from every gasket and leaked everywhere. it had less miles than my stang and really ruined my love for chevies (my dad raised me pro-chevy lol..)

i love the stang... it giving me problems right now (heater core) but i dont care. it still spanks anything that dares race it.. except a recent blue corvette that smoked me royaly either way he gave me a thumbs up and went on his way. he had a surprised look on his face (shut down at 140). he was well ahead but i was able to catcch up some-what before he shut down.. im guessing he hit the rev limiter)

he was an older guy and had a big smile on his face. i figure hes got atleast an ls2 whiich is pushing 400hp.. my car probably doesnt make 200rwhp and was able to match his speed. im sure he could have gone faster but believe me we were both hauling ***. i would buy a vette anyday of the week if i had the money
You just said in one sentence that the chevy is easy to work on then two sentences later it's hard to work on....
Old 12-23-2006, 01:57 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BackInBlack90LX

so lets say i run shortie headers, mid pipe and flows and i go 70mmtb i got my cold air a at what point do i start putting bigger injectors and stuff like that?
probably when you go with a power adder.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:17 AM
Blck92GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 93 LX FiveO

ORIGINAL: BlackLX

They really aren't that hard to work on, or expensive. Besides the intitial price of the car, an ls1 f body is the best bang for the buck car. In the next 5 years they will most likely be the next foxbody.
the foxbody will never be replaced.
Werd! Foxbody or go home
Old 12-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Stanpower
4th Gear Member

Now come on it's a chevy ! "War" Thats like us trying to be friends with that goat ****er Bin Laden just aint going to happen...................
Old 12-23-2006, 09:57 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Stanpower

Now come on it's a chevy ! "War" Thats like us trying to be friends with that goat ****er Bin Laden just aint going to happen...................
well bin laden doesnt drive a chevy... he has a honda!

Quick Reply: CAN IT BE FRIENDS OR WAR?