5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

LOL @ ebay , cheap cobra intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 06:41 PM
infierno
1st Gear Member

Default RE: LOL @ ebay , cheap cobra intake

damnit, i knew that thing was to good of a deal to be true

just kidding
Old 12-29-2006, 06:45 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

yep he'll be here say I just bought a badass cobra intake for my blue 95 slowboat
Old 12-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Li0nHart
3rd Gear Member

The high bidder has 0 feedback and has been registered since..Dec-13-06...Probably a shill bid by himself. The ad is a bit decieving..you have to read it carefully...if i were to accidently bid and win it, i would jsut file a SNAD claim with PayPal and get my money back...

A seller on Ebay will quickly find out that being deceptive will hurt them in thier feedback rating..i would definately neg him for it.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

I wouldn't give negetive to him..I would give it to you, buying it and thinking it was a cobra inake...that is what you get for not doing research. He gave part numbers and it does say cobra...so where is the foul?
Old 12-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Li0nHart
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

I wouldn't give negetive to him..I would give it to you, buying it and thinking it was a cobra inake...that is what you get for not doing research. He gave part numbers and it does say cobra...so where is the foul?
heh...i know what a cobra intake looks like and i wouldn't make that mistake...but it would waste my time having to view the auction or weed it out from the others. if you can't see the foul then you have not read the ebay rules...here is his auction title...

86-93 Ford Mustang 5.0L Intake Manifold Cobra H.O.

He stuck a cobra plate on it so that he can friggin bait people to view is auction usng the word Cobra. I'm sure he could also tie it in with "Pirates of the Carribean" as well somehow. Why not stick a Coca Cola or Disney sticker on it, then he could use those words in his auction as well. Hell he would have half of Ebay viewing it then.

If I rember correctly..if you are reported 3 different times for keyword spamming you get the boot.

Keyword spamming wastes everyones time by directing you to auctions that are irrelevant....

NEG for sure.....
Old 12-29-2006, 10:56 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Maybe he himself doesn't know cobra or non cobra. It's not like it is written on with a magic marker and I don't think I would consider that spaming. As far as the discription goes, the intake does say cobra...buyer beware, right? Or is it seller beware because of people like you?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Li0nHart
3rd Gear Member

Most people don't realize it...but on ebay its "Seller Beware". If you purchase with PayPal and a Credit Card, you control the transaction.

I'm guessing the guy knows that he is being deceitful (sp). He is giving out the part number and beeting around the bush to attempt to cover his ****. I'm also sure everyone enjoys digging through all the crap auctions to find the item they want.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:16 AM
wythors
2nd Gear Member

He's not being deceitful. Do you guys not know about Fox GT's being Cobras in Canada for years? What he's selling there is an original piece. If someone thinks it's an SVT Cobra intake, it's their bad. What's he supposed to do, spell out what it's not rather than what it is? I've done over 500 transactions on the 'Bay and you just need to open your eyes as to what you're bidding on. If you bid on something without being clear what it it, it's your fault. The guy is very clear and concise in what he's selling. There's no deceit at all.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:19 AM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Agree.

Off topic, wythors, what are pony R's?
Old 12-30-2006, 12:31 AM
ooticamitica
4th Gear Member

ROFL!!!! we all know thats not a cobra intake....(cough cough stock 5.0ho)

Quick Reply: LOL @ ebay , cheap cobra intake