5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Guys who owned fox and SN95 pls reply

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 AM
94ford5liter
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Guys who owned fow and SN95 pls reply

94-95 have less hp, weight a lot more and the motors have hyper pistons.
This is a common misconception they are rated at less horsepower but they actually have the same as the previous years, and they really don't weigh very much more a 94 gt hardtop is only 3300 pounds. However it all depends if you comparing the weight of a 94 to a gt hatchback, lx hatchback, or lx notch. As far as space inside the car they do have less than the foxbody, but head room is not an issue. I am 6'4 and have no problems with it, yea the legroom is a little tight but not uncomfortable or anything. The engine is a little bit harder to work on but there isn't all that much room to do so with either. I would say the pros are better looks, better brakes, 5 lug, and the electric fan.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:26 AM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

im 6' 3 as well and i never felt crammed my head doesnt hit the ceiling and i have plenty of leg room.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:16 PM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

I have 2 fox bodies and a 96 GT. I find it easier to work on my fox bodies then my 96. My 96 trans shifts alot nicer though and gets up to speed faster.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:42 PM
blk95snake
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

ORIGINAL: shibby_cbs

Sn95 = Sexy Chick Magnet
Fox = All Business
you say it's a "chick car" like it's a good thing [sm=smiley36.gif]
Actually, he said, "chick magnet", which is more true for the SN-95 than the fox. My ex hated my 88 fox and my 94 cobra starts more conversations with women. Either way I don't think you should choose a style on this factor.

I would go with the fox simply because of the computer. Some people don't have any problems with the 94-95 computer, but mine doesn't respond to mods anywhere nears as good as my 88 did.

One con of my fox was the chassis. It felt like I was driving around in a tin can. The unibody of the SN-95 provides a much more comfortable ride.

Ultimately it's a personal preference. Test drive one of each, stock or with equal power, and make a decision from there.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:50 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: blk95snake

ORIGINAL: shibby_cbs

Sn95 = Sexy Chick Magnet
Fox = All Business
you say it's a "chick car" like it's a good thing [sm=smiley36.gif]
Actually, he said, "chick magnet", which is more true for the SN-95 than the fox. My ex hated my 88 fox and my 94 cobra starts more conversations with women.
same difference ...high-heel shoe stores and cute little puppies are chick magnets too, see what i mean? [sm=smiley17.gif]. i'm kidding, but it's all good, my GF prefers the notches to any other stang model... aside from the 69s, but hey, who doesn't.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:52 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

same difference ...high-heel shoe stores and cute little puppies are chick magnets too, see what i mean? [sm=smiley17.gif]. i'm kidding, but it's all good, my GF prefers the notches to any other stang model... aside from the 69s, but hey, who doesn't.
Yea and... how OLD is your girl?
Old 01-07-2007, 12:56 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

28, she's one month older than me... why? please don't tell me i'm already considered an old fart? [sm=smiley6.gif]
Old 01-07-2007, 01:15 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

cons: 94-95 have less hp, weight a lot more and the motors have hyper pistons.
pros: cant think of any
SN-95's had just as much HP
What do you consider the weight if its "alot more"?
93's had hyper pistons as well

ORIGINAL: Boss_Hotrod

94-95 have less head room, a little harder to access motor
SN-95's did not have less headroom, Infact, the passenger compartment was made LARGER in the SN-95
A little harder to access the motor??? the only difference in the engine bays between the two styles in room in front of the motor for that big stupid clutch fan, and room above the motor to allow for heat to disapate under that big steel hood

ORIGINAL: ddeaton66

They both have many pro's and con's. Looks aside (which is a personal preference), sn95's have greater creature comfort and are inherently safer because of the technology for crashworthiness improves each year. Con's - They are slightly heavier (500# or so depending on the model) and can be trickier and sometimes more expensive to mod.
500 pounds difference huh??? the lightest factory trim fox body would be a notch... tipping the scales at 3023lbs. thats with manual windows, manual locks, and no A/C
A STOCK SN-95 COBRA weighs 3365 with power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, power drivers seat, a REAL stereo system, AND air conditioning.... AND THATS NOT EVEN THE LIGHTEST!!! the 95GTS weighs a mere 3150 lbs...

So you fox owners really need to take your heads out of your ***. You foxes arent all they are cracked up to be. I'll take a car with style and comfort over something that rattles like a tin can and is a mere... 2/10's or a second faster in the quarter.

Im really sick of these one sided arguments, no one 79-95 is better than the other. They all have the same heart, and thats all that matters.

FOR CHRIST ****ING SAKE.... ATLEAST IM DRIVING A FORD!!!!!!
my fox weighs in at 2500lbs also an 84 has nothing to it
Old 01-07-2007, 01:27 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

there both awesome cars...it depends on what you want.... I love both..... I fell in love with the fox when i was 12 years old in 92 and wanted one every since and still love the look of the car..... but i also love the sn-95 5.0 simply for the interior as far as body styling i like the fox and sn-95 equal.... but you cant go wrong with either car....

not all foxes rattle by the way. mine doesnt just depends on how the car was kept up.....

as far as one being a chick magnet my wife loves my car and shes 24 so i could care less which one attracts the women,,,,,,, but ive seen several women young and older that love the fox just as much as sn-95... but at the same time who wants a women with them because of what the have ,recipe for disaster there...

but i agree we need to stop putting the other one down there both awesome cars and deserve respect..
Old 01-07-2007, 01:33 PM
86 GT 5.0
3rd Gear Member

Who cares what year.. As long as it has a V8 and it's a Ford and not a chevy, get what one you like better....

Quick Reply: Guys who owned fox and SN95 pls reply