5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Stock T5 - how much can it handle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 04:03 AM
kev2369
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Stock T5 - how much can it handle?

Hehe... Got some attitudes in here
Old 01-19-2007, 04:29 AM
5liter87
2nd Gear Member

holy shat...this was fun to read
Old 01-19-2007, 04:31 AM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

the sad thing is he'll prolly keep at it tomorrow
ORIGINAL: 5liter87

holy shat...this was fun to read
Old 01-19-2007, 02:33 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: 94gtcoupe

o here we go again

ok so i looked up you "deflection" for you here a definition http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deflectionsince you to ignorent to research b4 you post... and heres you "thrust retainer" http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...ild/index2.php(read step 16) i believe ford muscle even calls it a bearing retainer not as smart as you think are you... tomorrow i'll even go to ford and get an invoice for the part... and heres one more www.astroperformance.com(look for part # Part# 1352-527-004) so you can say i don't know my **** but it doesn't mean it's true

i answer for adder because pro told him to be good or he's getting post approvaled (waiting for that to happen to me[&:])

and if you want someone to hand ur *** to you feel free to go find 2 equal cars and i'll gladly drive there... and ok so you built your car when you where 18 so maybe you got lucky with a good job or knew someone, maybe you just straight up worked your *** off, or maybe your parents helped you out with it... what ever the senerio is it make no difference to me, fact is i make enough to pay my 900$ rent my 200$ insurance and my grocery bill, modding my car isn't #1 on my list, now if i was worried about it i could make things work to where i could build a nice *** motor...

i have plenty of ***** to drive like you i just don't have the car to do it. believe me i wouldn't stop at 140 if my car went faster... like i said b4 you can say what u want but doesn't mean it's true... such as calling me a bitch because i don't drive like you.. and you would know how i drive how? the only thing u know is that i don't go over 140 on a regular basis... so what the fastest you've gone and on what? i think 210 on a bike is a little more than most people are willing to do i don't think that classifies as a bitch driver... but hey if you consider 210 on 2 wheels being a bitch then guess i am one... IMO 210 on a bike is just plain dumb... will i go that fast again **** yea i wouldn't hessitate a bit... so i guess i just can't see what makes you think i drive like a bitch, other than my tranny has held up unlike yours... in my point of view and many others that just seems like i know what i'm doing when i build a tranny... and any one that has seen me drive will tell you i'm far from a bitch driver and that i beat the **** out of my car...

and you can leave your foot on the gas because even if you lift it the throttle lag is soo bad the rpms wouldn't drop anyway.
and it's an accelerator pedal not a gas pedal...[sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=dontgetit.gif] so your saying that if i leave my foot on the floor when i shift the rmps would be the same as if i lifted my foot? when you lift your foot yea they stay close to the same rpms... but when you leave it on the floor it rises there for it makes a difference... if you lift your foot and miss a gear no big deal, you don't lift your foot and miss a gear motor = BOOM... so either i'm dumb for leaving my foot on the floor and risking blowing up my motor, or i know what i'm doing and i won't miss a gear and blow my motor... so lets see i have been driving this way for a little over 2 years (since i bought the car) and the motor is still in once piece as the same with my tranny, so what do you think the reason i leave my foot on the floors is?

well just in case you guess wrong (like you probably will) i'll give you the correct answer... it's because I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING... i probably shift my tranny jsut as hard as you if not harder and mind is still in one peace, unlike someone that went threw 18 or so... and can any one remind me who that is??? please i seem to have forgot who the jack *** that can't keep a t-5 in one piece is....

You cant drive like me cuz you drive like a little b!tch. I gtg too works done. BBL
WOW your even a model employee... i know if i was paying some one to do a job, and found them on mustang forums i would fire they're *** faster thanyou kill a t-5... i mean damn at least when i'm at work i'm working not surfing the ****in internet... i mean what kind of integrity do you have man come on, people like you are the guys that cuz car enthusiast a bad reputation... o and heres a link incase you don't know what integrity is which wouldn't surprise me since you don't seem to have much... http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...mp;q=integrity

i could go on for a while longer... but when pro desides to read this i don't want to make his ready too much...

edit: and i'm starting to get tired of humiliating you, not that i have to do it your doing a pretty good job of making yourself look like an *** all on your own
[quote]ORIGINAL: P Zero

ok adder is letting me build it because i have done way more than anyone on here there for i know it'll last...and yes i know what deflection is it's when **** bounces off another thing... ie a bullet deflects off of hard metal... what u mean is distortion... and the "thrust housing" as u like to call it or for use other people the input shaft retainer, is not the reason that the cases destort it's because the case is ****ing aluminum hence the whole tranny weighing 75 lbs. with the bell housing... and my 94 tranny has just as much distortion as any other year.. and by driving "right" i mean obviously not like you drive... i leave my foot on the gas and just tap the clutch and it works fine infact my tranny is prolyl healthier than most peoples on this site... my teacher power shifts his maverica and the trannys have been in the cars since he built them 2-3 years ago maybe longer (not exactly sure when they where built)and i have never granny shifted my car in my life... granny shifting can actual case a syncro to loose some life (granny shifting makes the syncro work just as hard as shifting fast) and yes the 4 cylinder tranny is the same with the exception of the first 3 gears and input shaft diameter... and the reason they last longer is because the car they came out of didn't have the ***** to hurt it at all..where as the v8 trannys where beat on till the car wasput in the junkyard there for it has more damage to begin with... if you take a new 4 cylinder tranny and a new v8 tranny they should last just about the same life... but i have to go to class... so keep givin me ammo and i'll be back in 5 hours to humiliate u more[quote]ORIGINAL: P Zero

Well heres my dumbfuk response, and yes I have a pretty sh!tty attitude. The t-5's that came in 83 (I believe was the first year to 93, with the exception of the WC, all had aluminum thrust housings. The aluminum housing were too weak and allowed to much deflection (you know what deflection is right?), allowing the input shaft to get out of line with teh output shaft. Hence grinding the *** out of the what 14 15 roller bearings between the 2 shafts. But because its enclosed it created a paste like substance that that couldnt escape literally honing the output shaft.
And I did wisen up, I stopped using V-8 T-5's all together. Since the 4banger T-5's in essence are the same damn thing, I had a custom pilot bushing made and use 4 banger T-5's. Theyre almost identical with the exception of the first 3 gears and the diameter of the tip of the output shaft. And guess what the 4 banger ones last 10x longer than the V-8's, with another bonus, I can get 5 4cyl t-5's for the price of 1 V-8 T-5.

And wtf is driving correctly?? granny shifting?? I NEVER power or speed shift. I ALWAYS let off the gas and
Old 01-19-2007, 03:07 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

where the hell is the god damn moderator for this thread
pro where the f*ck are u
Old 01-19-2007, 06:03 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

as for the rev limiter yes it'll keep a motor intact but so will not missing a shift... and ok so you definition of deflaction has the same meaning of destortion... so we're both right... i planed on calling the DEALER not a parts place... and we can go FWD i wouldn't argue with that at all... u find the cars and let me know when to show up...and yea i can shift b4 the rpms drop if i lift my foot to, your not getting the point leafting a foot on the floor causes the rmps to increase not stay the same as when u lift...
and i never said building the car had anything to do with luck, for all i know you could know a lot about a motor, i simply said that MAYBE you got lucky with a job that payed good so you had the money tobuildit... and like i said b4 the money you got may have been from landing a lucky job , or it could of been from working your *** off, in either case makes no difference to me
i could argue my case for weeks but this is boring...[quote]ORIGINAL: P Zero

o here we go again

ok so i looked up you "deflection" for you here a definition http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deflectionsince you to ignorent to research b4 you post... and heres you "thrust retainer" http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...ild/index2.php(read step 16) i believe ford muscle even calls it a bearing retainer not as smart as you think are you... tomorrow i'll even go to ford and get an invoice for the part... and heres one more www.astroperformance.com(look for part # Part# 1352-527-004) so you can say i don't know my **** but it doesn't mean it's true

i answer for adder because pro told him to be good or he's getting post approvaled (waiting for that to happen to me[&:])

and if you want someone to hand ur *** to you feel free to go find 2 equal cars and i'll gladly drive there... and ok so you built your car when you where 18 so maybe you got lucky with a good job or knew someone, maybe you just straight up worked your *** off, or maybe your parents helped you out with it... what ever the senerio is it make no difference to me, fact is i make enough to pay my 900$ rent my 200$ insurance and my grocery bill, modding my car isn't #1 on my list, now if i was worried about it i could make things work to where i could build a nice *** motor...

i have plenty of ***** to drive like you i just don't have the car to do it. believe me i wouldn't stop at 140 if my car went faster... like i said b4 you can say what u want but doesn't mean it's true... such as calling me a bitch because i don't drive like you.. and you would know how i drive how? the only thing u know is that i don't go over 140 on a regular basis... so what the fastest you've gone and on what? i think 210 on a bike is a little more than most people are willing to do i don't think that classifies as a bitch driver... but hey if you consider 210 on 2 wheels being a bitch then guess i am one... IMO 210 on a bike is just plain dumb... will i go that fast again **** yea i wouldn't hessitate a bit... so i guess i just can't see what makes you think i drive like a bitch, other than my tranny has held up unlike yours... in my point of view and many others that just seems like i know what i'm doing when i build a tranny... and any one that has seen me drive will tell you i'm far from a bitch driver and that i beat the **** out of my car...

and you can leave your foot on the gas because even if you lift it the throttle lag is soo bad the rpms wouldn't drop anyway.
and it's an accelerator pedal not a gas pedal...[sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=dontgetit.gif] so your saying that if i leave my foot on the floor when i shift the rmps would be the same as if i lifted my foot? when you lift your foot yea they stay close to the same rpms... but when you leave it on the floor it rises there for it makes a difference... if you lift your foot and miss a gear no big deal, you don't lift your foot and miss a gear motor = BOOM... so either i'm dumb for leaving my foot on the floor and risking blowing up my motor, or i know what i'm doing and i won't miss a gear and blow my motor... so lets see i have been driving this way for a little over 2 years (since i bought the car) and the motor is still in once piece as the same with my tranny, so what do you think the reason i leave my foot on the floors is?

well just in case you guess wrong (like you probably will) i'll give you the correct answer... it's because I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING... i probably shift my tranny jsut as hard as you if not harder and mind is still in one peace, unlike someone that went threw 18 or so... and can any one remind me who that is??? please i seem to have forgot who the jack *** that can't keep a t-5 in one piece is....

You cant drive like me cuz you drive like a little b!tch. I gtg too works done. BBL
WOW your even a model employee... i know if i was paying some one to do a job, and found them on mustang forums i would fire they're *** faster thanyou kill a t-5... i mean damn at least when i'm at work i'm working not surfing the ****in internet... i mean what kind of integrity do you have man come on, people like you are the guys that cuz car enthusiast a bad reputation... o and heres a link incase you don't know what integrity is which wouldn't surprise me since you don't seem to have much... http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...mp;q=integrity

i could go on for a while longer... but when pro desides to read this i don't want to make his ready too much...

edit: and i'm starting to get tired of humiliating you, not that i have to do it your doing a pretty good job of making yourself look like an *** all on your own
[quote]ORIGINAL: P Zero

ok adder is letting me build it because i have done way more than anyone on here there for i know it'll last...and yes i know what deflection is it's when **** bounces off another thing... ie a bullet deflects off of hard metal... what u mean is distortion... and the "thrust housing" as u like to call it or for use other people the input shaft retainer, is not the reason that the cases destort it's because the case is ****ing aluminum hence the whole tranny weighing 75 lbs. with the bell housing... and my 94 tranny has just as much distortion as any other year.. and by driving "right" i mean obviously not like you drive... i leave my foot on the gas and just tap the clutch and it works fine infact my tranny is prolyl healthier than most peoples on this site... my teacher power shifts his maverica and the trannys have been in the cars since he built them 2-3 years ago maybe longer (not exactly sure when they where built)and i have never granny shifted my car in my life... granny shifting can actual case a syncro to loose some life (granny shifting makes the syncro work just as hard as shifting fast) and yes the 4 cylinder tranny is the same with the exception of the first 3 gears and input shaft diameter... and the reason they last longer is because the car they came out of didn't have the ***** to hurt it at all..where as the v8 trannys where beat on till the car wasput in the junkyard there for it has more damage to begin with... if you take a new 4 cylinder tranny and a new v8 tranny they should last just about the same life... but i have to go to class... so keep givin me ammo and i'll be back in 5 hours to humiliate u more[quote]ORIGINAL: P Zero

Well heres my dumbfuk response, and yes I have a pretty sh!tty attitude. The t-5's that came in 83 (I believe was
Old 01-19-2007, 06:04 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

i kinda thought he would have been here by now
ORIGINAL: ih8chevy

pro where the f*ck are u
Old 01-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Stanpower
4th Gear Member

Both of you guys make good points it's just time to forget about it now and move on and have some respect for each other ,We all are mustang nuts and enjoy the same passion in here no need too point the finger at each other for who's right who's wrong .........Just plain Silly!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:29 PM
ajaxthe2nd

ORIGINAL: Scribs99

My dad is in the process of building up an '89 LX that currently has the stock 5 speed. How much power should he expect thestock transmission to take? (He's having a 347 built right now)

Thanks.
moderndriveline.com go to the tech alley on the left and click on the history of the T-5. It will tell you all you need to know.

And on a side note... Maybe you went through 18 T-5's p ZERO becase you put gear oil in them. WORLD CLASS T5'S USE ATF!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 12:22 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: ih8chevy

pro where the f*ck are u
Wow, sorry for having a life guys!! EVERYONE, in the future, please show respect for the next guy!! E- fighting/arguing is retarded[&:]

This ones done!!!