5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

twinscrew or centrefugial

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 12:15 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

Default RE: twinscrew or centrefugial

ORIGINAL: MustangMadness7

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

My choice is obvious
No its not. Its not in your sig. Just gonna assume everyone has your mods memorized huh? I mean, most of us do, but you shouldnt be expecting it And i voted twinscrew. Iv been sold on that ever since i saw a vid of a mustang with a KB going through the drive through at McD's and had to yell into the speaker over the whistling... i want that.
his sig says "92 LX NOTCH PROCHARGED"[&:]
Old 01-20-2007, 02:56 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

My choice is obvious
No its not. Its not in your sig. Just gonna assume everyone has your mods memorized huh? I mean, most of us do, but you shouldnt be expecting it And i voted twinscrew. Iv been sold on that ever since i saw a vid of a mustang with a KB going through the drive through at McD's and had to yell into the speaker over the whistling... i want that.
his sig says "92 LX NOTCH PROCHARGED"[&:]
Nice job trying to act all e-hard and sticking your foot in your mouth!!![&:]

Martin, good looking out yo!![8D]
Old 01-20-2007, 03:03 PM
svt99redcobra
3rd Gear Member

My choice is obvious
its right on top of the pic, idiot. PRocharged =procharger=cintrifucal supercharger
Old 01-20-2007, 04:28 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

yes it's possable... i donno about all 3 but i'm sure with enough effort it could be done... the GP guys use they're stock M90 roots blowers and put turbos feeling in to the m90... it's all kinds of nasty... if i ever deside that a KB isn't enough i'll make a turbo set up to fiid into it... the only problem with 2 boost adders is making sure you don't get tomuch total boost, and trying to keep the air cool, which i have an idea for(no idea if my "custom" IC idea will work tho)
ORIGINAL: dimebag

^that would be ****ing sick... i wonder if you could actually get that to work, maybe minus the turbo, or centri.... just have one of those feeding a kb.... id be scared, lol.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:30 PM
turbosha
3rd Gear Member

my vote is TURBO
Old 01-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Creetan
2nd Gear Member

Centri all the way!!! For anyone who hasn't owned a SC u can't make ur decision on what u seen in a vid or what someone said. My Procharged 94 GT vert. will put u back in ur seat till u let off the gas. If u read up on them u realize u can run more boost safely with a intercooled centri rather then a non intercooled twinscrew. and we all know more air/fuel = more power.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:50 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

who said anything about a non IC ed twinscrew??? and obviously you can run more boost on an IC'ed car... but IC isn't limited to turbo and centrif.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:47 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

My choice is obvious

i had to do that several times N/A it got old real fast
Old 01-20-2007, 06:52 PM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

Most of the big diesels that ive worked on in the boats are twin screw and turbo. It is awesome!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:20 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

My choice is obvious
Seriously???? Did you miss this: 92 LX NOTCH PROCHARGED

Quick Reply: twinscrew or centrefugial