5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

WOO.. Painted hood... I bet you never saw THIS happening!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 01:14 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

Default RE: WOO.. Painted hood... I bet you never saw THIS happening!

ORIGINAL: vt89gtvert

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

..don't know why bernie....in your day it was with a gallon of house paint and a brush<believe it or not,but iv'e seen this done and it looked[:'(]
My parents bougth an impalla before I was born with a built 327 motor in it. Front half was a 64 and the back was a 65 (Guessing to remember the years). It was brush painted lime green. With door handles for the trunk and hood. Had to use a house key to open them. Thing was ungly as ****, but it run down anyhting stock. If I can find a pic next time I go home I will post it
haha i would be embarrased to drive that thing no matter how fast it is
Old 01-22-2007, 01:22 AM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

about time... you live too far north to have a different color'ed car
Old 01-22-2007, 04:48 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

looks pretty good in those crappy pics How'd u prep it? I might need to paint some stuff soon on my beater and I'll be using a spray can.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:01 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

+1

so correct me if i'm wrong, but the way i understand itis there was door handles from a house on the car? or atleast the lock cylinders??? thats ****ed up if i'm not getting things wrong
ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

ORIGINAL: vt89gtvert

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

..don't know why bernie....in your day it was with a gallon of house paint and a brush<believe it or not,but iv'e seen this done and it looked[:'(]
My parents bougth an impalla before I was born with a built 327 motor in it. Front half was a 64 and the back was a 65 (Guessing to remember the years). It was brush painted lime green. With door handles for the trunk and hood. Had to use a house key to open them. Thing was ungly as ****, but it run down anyhting stock. If I can find a pic next time I go home I will post it
haha i would be embarrased to drive that thing no matter how fast it is
Old 01-22-2007, 05:07 PM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

Thats what the kid they bought it from did. Had a door **** (Round shiny one) for a hood ornament. It was purchased for $50 and it ran for a while. They took it down to primer, and replaced the door ***** after they got it, but yeah, thats how it looked when they bought it. It was a POS and they didn't care at the time money was kinda tight for them.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:10 PM
hatch
1st Gear Member

Not trying to rag on the paintit looks good but maybe you should have finished the job and done the bumper
Old 01-22-2007, 06:07 PM
musclemustang94
3rd Gear Member

I was thinkin of getting a cowled hood for my car, but i cant afford the body work haha you have inspired me adder. I am thinkin of doing a blacked out hood on my green car. Would that look bad?
Old 01-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Monstang
2nd Gear Member

Flat black hood look sick!!!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:41 PM
musclemustang94
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I was thinkin it would look cool with my super dark windows and a flat black hood, only flat black fades an gets crap stuck in it, i would clear it.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:25 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: musclemustang94

Yeah I was thinkin it would look cool with my super dark windows and a flat black hood, only flat black fades an gets crap stuck in it, i would clear it.
dont use flat black... use semi gloss... I'll be taking it off again next weekend so I can wetsand and clear the center of the hood. The gloss black looks good, but its not shiney enough.... It will be when im done

I didnt want to paint the bumper because it would look ****ty in spray can paint.. AND im getting the ABC exclusive cobra lip bumper, so im not that worried about it. The hood was in primer, and it was aggrevating me a bit. I also didnt feel like taking my bumper off the car... The hood is easy.. only 4 bolts

Pics are uploading right now, they will be in my next post!

Quick Reply: WOO.. Painted hood... I bet you never saw THIS happening!