5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Cooling system holding to much pressure?? *HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Cooling system holding to much pressure?? *HELP*

yaa about that temp gauge.. i dont currently have a working one. but i think thats going to be the next purchase because im tired of being nervous to drive the car lol.[/align][/align]ok well im still hunting for that funnel kit. everyone that i have talked to say they know what im talking about but they dont have one. [/align][/align]well its a lil tricky for me to go anywhere but my house right now lol. dont want to drive my car because of the pressure problem, and both my rents are gone.. i dont even think im going to get to work. but thanks for all the info mattdel!!![/align]
Old 01-24-2007, 03:54 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

yah no prob. call a friend, i bet you know someone thats home right now.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

ya thats what i thought, but everyone is actually either at work or out of town lol. actually kind of weird.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

HOLY HELL!! Napa said that they dont have the kit but they can order it. but its $160!!! im prolly just going to take it to a shop and have them check it out.. because even once i have the pressure problem solved it looks like i have a leak somwhere, and i really dont want to tear that **** all apart again.. sucks but what can ya do.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:11 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

they're thinking of something different. that kit i showed u is less than $20
Old 01-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

is there any chance i might have a bad head gasket??[/align][/align]my buddy said hes going to bring some type of resevior or something that you set on the raditor and it tells you whether or not there is exhaust gas in your coolant.[/align][/align]ya and thats what i thought the kit should cost. but i did find a kit from a friend.[/align]
Old 01-24-2007, 04:42 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

A block tester (what your buddy is bringing over) is a great tool, but because of the way it works (chemical reaction) it is not the most accurate thing on the planet. I say go to the zone and get a pressure tester. This is a rad cap with a hand pump on it. Install it and start your vehicle. If the pressure jump up - you have a bad head gasket. Otherwise if it climbs up slowly, (same rate as the engine temp, yeah I know you don't have a gauge but you have to wing it) you likely don't have a bad gasket. Using this in conjunction with the block tester is going to be the most comprehensive. A bubble and a bad head gasket will act the same in regards to pressure increase.
I would use the tester to find your leak, fix that and then move on. If you have a leak at a high point in the system, you will fill the system with air each time the engine cools off.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Evil_F
3rd Gear Member

Unhook the heater hose that goes to the manifold and pour water down it. That is the highest point in the block. That should get rid of any stuck air bubbles.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:31 PM
danthaman

could i possibly have a popped head gasket???
Old 01-24-2007, 10:42 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: mattdel

i got mine from a snap on truck. its still early, drive around some shop area's and see if there is a snap on truck. even matco or mac should have at least 1 on their truck too.
I got mine from Cornhole.... i mean Cornwell....Same thing though

But of course, Ebay is always a good choice

Spill free funnel 1
Spill free funnel 2

Quick Reply: Cooling system holding to much pressure?? *HELP*