5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Is my trans normal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 05:46 PM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Is my trans normal?

i was going 60k not 60MPH

EDIT: and it made 272 in the OLD CAR it was in......i neva said anything bout it being in my car lol
Old 01-25-2007, 05:48 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

yah so what. 60k is like 45mph. no way, not unless your runnin like 2.08 gears
Old 01-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Stanpower
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94gtcoupe

BULL MOTHER F*CKING SH*T... there is a "safety" measure on the transmission that will not allow the trans to go into first about a certain speed 15MPH in MOST of our cars.... never force a transmission in gear you can severly mess it up (i should tell people to do this) and ulimitaly end up having to send it to me for a rebuild... you can also harm yourself if you force it in gear and it pops out, i know a few guys that brok a wrist because of it...

edit: NO properly working tranny should allow it to be shifter into a gear with the car isn't able to go that fast in that gear...first is an exception that it only allows it to be put in at a lower point than other gears...
ORIGINAL: 90mustang5.0

some may be like that iunno....i can put my clutch in when im going 60 and put her into 1st
I agree Thumbs up!!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:57 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

more like 1.50 ish
ORIGINAL: mattdel

yah so what. 60k is like 45mph. no way, not unless your runnin like 2.08 gears
Old 01-25-2007, 06:07 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

damn canadians are funny folks....

sorry if i offended anyone it was just a joke, i'm not racest, to anyone thats not of the following : black ,mexican , white, jewish ,baptist (my religion),christian , native american, french, german (unless u like hitler), polish, sweadish (sp), asian, chinese (sp), japanese, if you not one of those then i won't make fun of you...

ok in all seriousness i'm not racest, it was all a joke don't get offended... and to those of you the still get your panties in a bunch, get over it... nah just kidding i'm sorry to those of you that got worked up
ORIGINAL: Stanpower

BULL MOTHER F*CKING SH*T... there is a "safety" measure on the transmission that will not allow the trans to go into first about a certain speed 15MPH in MOST of our cars.... never force a transmission in gear you can severly mess it up (i should tell people to do this) and ulimitaly end up having to send it to me for a rebuild... you can also harm yourself if you force it in gear and it pops out, i know a few guys that brok a wrist because of it...

edit: NO properly working tranny should allow it to be shifter into a gear with the car isn't able to go that fast in that gear...first is an exception that it only allows it to be put in at a lower point than other gears...
ORIGINAL: 90mustang5.0

some may be like that iunno....i can put my clutch in when im going 60 and put her into 1st
I agree Thumbs up!!
Old 01-25-2007, 07:11 PM
ModularFox
Banned

ive never been able to put mine in first even if im moving a mph..it will just grind.. i have to be dead stopped, and i have to put it in second before i put it in first or reverse.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:13 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

bad syncro
ORIGINAL: ModularFox

ive never been able to put mine in first even if im moving a mph..it will just grind.. i have to be dead stopped, and i have to put it in second before i put it in first or reverse.
on a side note 90mustang5.0 y where u driving a car anyway, arent you only 15... and if you parent was with you why the hell didn't they stop you from putting it in first when you where going 60?
Old 01-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Except to destroy your transmission, why would anyone want to put it in first at 45 mph?
Old 01-25-2007, 10:41 PM
ModularFox
Banned

bad syncro
ORIGINAL: ModularFox

on a side note 90mustang5.0 y where u driving a car anyway, arent you only 15... and if you parent was with you why the hell didn't they stop you from putting it in first when you where going 60?
but it was a brand new tremec?
Old 01-25-2007, 10:47 PM
turbosha
3rd Gear Member

i never down shift lower then 2nd. just throw it in neutral. why would you need to down shift it to 1st , unless your coming out of turn 5 at mid-ohio

Quick Reply: Is my trans normal?