5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What rims do you guys think i should get? Edited (new wheel choice)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:58 PM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What rims do you guys think i should get?

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

well the biggest issue that I see with your car 1986 and wheel choice is that your ENTIRE car is white... so going with a dark wheel will look kinda tacky

I would definitly stick to a silver or polished rim, but those ROH wheels are really nice
youre right adder.. if my car was gonna be ENTIRELY white it would be.. but.. it wont be white in like 2-3 weeks.. it will be 2005 ford sonic blue metallic pearl... so i think the black wheels with sonic blue would look good.

and those rohs are nice.. but at 230 a piece it's a little pricey for me right now... maybe in the future on my second time around building the car i will get those.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:00 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Adder, he said he was painting it a metalic blue, I like the ROH wheel but it may be a bit pricey.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:02 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

I like number 3 the best and think it would look good on your car. I'm not to fond of black wheels.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:09 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: frdmstng1986GT

well the biggest issue that I see with your car 1986 and wheel choice is that your ENTIRE car is white... so going with a dark wheel will look kinda tacky

I would definitly stick to a silver or polished rim, but those ROH wheels are really nice
youre right adder.. if my car was gonna be ENTIRELY white it would be.. but.. it wont be white in like 2-3 weeks.. it will be 2005 ford sonic blue metallic pearl... so i think the black wheels with sonic blue would look good.

and those rohs are nice.. but at 230 a piece it's a little pricey for me right now... maybe in the future on my second time around building the car i will get those.
Well since your going to be painting it, make sure you do the trim properly. Dont just go spray everything blue... Do your 1/4 window trims in black again, along with your door frames, the top part of the door around the window... nothing looks worse than a car thats OVERpainted
Old 01-27-2007, 12:24 AM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: frdmstng1986GT

Well since your going to be painting it, make sure you do the trim properly. Dont just go spray everything blue... Do your 1/4 window trims in black again, along with your door frames, the top part of the door around the window... nothing looks worse than a car thats OVERpainted
i dont know about the window trim and stuff.... i am actually going down to talk to him tomorrow about the paint job more.. the thing is.. i'm not paying for the labor of the paintjob... i'm trading my 03 skidoo mxz snowmobile for it... all i got to do is buy the paint so i will ask him if he would be willing to do the black trim again... i know he is doing all the jams and everything like that.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:24 AM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

yo frdmustng86 where did u find the black 93 cobra rims choice #4 on ur list
i like them for my car and i think it might work
Old 01-27-2007, 12:31 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

you should really make sure he re-paints the trim around the windows black like the car pictured above, better yet, print this picture out so you can show him exactly what you want...

painting it all one color wont look great, the flat black, or even semi gloss black, will REALLY offset the blue and make a nice contrast... Its all about details!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:34 AM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ih8chevy

yo frdmustng86 where did u find the black 93 cobra rims choice #4 on ur list
i like them for my car and i think it might work
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Musta...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-27-2007, 12:37 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

50resto has them as well^^
Old 01-27-2007, 12:50 AM
ModularFox
Banned

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Not a fan of black wheels. Sorry, no help here!!
+4 however welds look nice

Quick Reply: What rims do you guys think i should get? Edited (new wheel choice)