5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

procharger on a stock engine???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 11:11 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: procharger on a stock engine???

Over the summer I was running 10 PSI from a P-1SC on stock block, intake, heads, cam, and hyper pistons. Also added nitrous and water / methanol injection to that setup.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:29 AM
telsonman
3rd Gear Member

whats up with the different core intercoolers???

do yall think i would be able to put the system on myself if i just made the time for it???
Old 02-02-2007, 11:33 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Wow, you guys are all clueless. You guys shouldnt give information when you dont know what you are talking about. I am not going to comment on running boost with a SD setup because I am not too familiar BUT you will be absolutly fine running 10+ psi on stock pistons. Im dont know if I would feel comfortable running 14+ but you dont want that so thats not in the topic. 87's have forged pistons BTW. You can even run 12psi on hypers, the only difference between hypers and forged pistons is that hypers dont respond to detonation as well as forged pistons do, dont detonate and you wont have problems! Make sure you have a good tune and fuel to feed the charger and you will be fine!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:27 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

Wow, you guys are all clueless. You guys shouldnt give information when you dont know what you are talking about. I am not going to comment on running boost with a SD setup because I am not too familiar BUT you will be absolutly fine running 10+ psi on stock pistons. Im dont know if I would feel comfortable running 14+ but you dont want that so thats not in the topic. 87's have forged pistons BTW. You can even run 12psi on hypers, the only difference between hypers and forged pistons is that hypers dont respond to detonation as well as forged pistons do, dont detonate and you wont have problems! Make sure you have a good tune and fuel to feed the charger and you will be fine!
I thought I gave pretty good info there.You hurt my e-feelings
Old 02-02-2007, 12:29 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

LoL, but reading back on some of the other replys (not all of them) I see some VERY bad mis-information out there.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:29 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

I thought I gave pretty good info there.You hurt my e-feelings
No, your information was very good.... thanks for opening up to me, I appreciate it [8D]
Old 02-02-2007, 12:49 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

In other news... I ordered my TwEECer RT last night. Should be here soon. Ordering a wideband controller to go with it tonight. The entire setup is going to cost me $720 total (free shipping) but it's well worth it.

You know, I'm almost tempted to buy a small shuttle PC that Ican install in the mustang itself. (I'm a computer forensic guy so I live that stuff.) They actualyl have small PCs that fit into a standard radio slot on a car. Then I just get the 7 inch touch screen that folds in and out. Imagine having a 7 inch touch screen connected to a fully functioning computer. I can then attach that to the tweecer to get realtime readings and be able to change things at will. Plus you get the benefits of a computer (MP3, internet, DVD, GPS, etc.) Ald that system can be built for under $1,000 whish isn't that bad.

Or am I just getting carried away? lol

Old 02-02-2007, 01:10 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Maybe a little overdone but it would be sweet as hell
Old 02-02-2007, 08:04 PM
telsonman
3rd Gear Member

ok, so if going with the s/c wont be a problem, and i might as well go get a MAF conversion. i was wondering if i should upgrade the injectors, and if so, then to what???
Old 02-02-2007, 08:17 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

You will definentally need to upgrade the injectors and your fuel delivery system.

Quick Reply: procharger on a stock engine???