5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what does your gf/wife think of you racing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 04:37 PM
scooterstang
2nd Gear Member

Default what does your gf/wife think of you racing?

exactly what is says.

I know my gf hates cars(but were working on that), but she loves being in the car when i race. she says she likes it more when i lose because its so rare. (there's not a whole lot of fast cars on the street here) but then she hates it when i lose because i always want to go put more money into my car so i can win the next time.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:54 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: what does your gf/wife think of you racing?

My girl loves it. She records my races for me.

Even paid for my gas to get to the track one time!
Old 02-03-2007, 04:58 PM
94ford5liter
4th Gear Member

Having a gf is too expensive at 19 to have a fast car, especially when you don't want to get married till 25-30 and almost all girls you get in a relationship with want to be "serious". Had one a while back, but I rather spend money on my car lol. One night stands and sex only relationships FTW [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 02-03-2007, 05:04 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: 94ford5liter

Having a gf is too expensive at 19 to have a fast car, especially when you don't want to get married till 25-30 and almost all girls you get in a relationship with want to be "serious". Had one a while back, but I rather spend money on my car lol. One night stands and sex only relationships FTW [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

i dont spend any money on my girl.. In fact, we have been together for a year now. Neither of us got anything for the other for our anniversary, cuz were both broke...
Old 02-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

That depends on whether it was before or sinceher transformation. When my wife was my girlfriend, and not yet a mother, she did things that you wouldn't believe. Back then, she loved driving around on Friday nights looking for races. This was when I had my Integra GSR. The two of us would down afifth of Bourbon, just riding around racing everyone (that wasn't too fast) we could find. Real smart, I know. That was in another lifetime. Now that we have a two year-old, she's a "mom," and wouldn't dream of doing something so careless. She enjoys hearing about, and sometimes participating in, the occasional stop light brawl...but she's not the adreneline junky that she used to be.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:06 PM
ModularFox
Banned

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: 94ford5liter

i dont spend any money on my girl.. In fact, we have been together for a year now. Neither of us got anything for the other for our anniversary, cuz were both broke...
+1 same here. Im 18 and broke, although my sweetie did get me a cowl hood for christmas
Old 02-03-2007, 05:07 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

The Mrs is VERY supportive and she love fast cars. Her Mustang before her present 2006 GT was a 2000 GT with a DSS forged shortblock and Vortech V2-SQ.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:12 PM
tortugasmoker
2nd Gear Member

my ex hated my mustang and my little ricer (97cavalier) shes said thats alli talk about is cars and racing. its hard to find a girl that shows the same passion for cars that i have, hell thats my life im a mechanic but im still young and girls cost a lot of money so im just gonna keep on turnin wrenches and racing til i find the right one
Old 02-03-2007, 05:14 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

my girl hates it with a passion. she freaks out, racing, donuts, whippin corners, whatever... she's lookin for the door handle and closes her eyes. she's scared of cars.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:15 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

My wife is into it and races her own stang!!!

Quick Reply: what does your gf/wife think of you racing?