5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

looked at a stang today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 11:44 PM
georgiaguy246
4th Gear Member

Default looked at a stang today...

ok so i looked at that 89 gt i was talking about yesterday. it needs a few things to be in good shape. it needs a good cleaning interior and exterior, new tires, good tune up, weather stripping (hasen't leaked yet), a spoiler (probably replace with saleen), it has a small dent in the drivers door, alsowill need a new dash.it is completly stock, even has the turbines. i didn't look at the mileage as the doors were locked, but the engine bay looked great and no water in the oil and no grime or anything built up in the radiator or anything also the painted looked pretty good. the guy said he would take $1200 bottom line, but if he went and started it he would sell it for $3000 easy, it just needs a belt to run. the stuff i need for the dash i could swap out of the car i have now and have a perfectly nice black dash. so what do you guys think? should i go for it or not? my dad is on the fence about it, we could get it towed home for free but he kept using the excuse about no room in the garage, well by the end of this week there will be plenty of room and we'll have the money.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:52 PM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: looked at a stang today...

whats up georgia, its all in what you want to do with it. just keep in mind if your gonna upgrade the motor and street rod it then your looking at all the suspension having to be modified and such. its all in what you want though. mine had a good body and interior and thats why i got it,but ive put over $10,000 so far in mods and maintnance so far. if ya like it go for it man, it will only become what you make it
Old 02-03-2007, 11:58 PM
georgiaguy246
4th Gear Member

whats up iceman! how are things going? ya i know about the suspension and stuff. if i get it i'll probably fix the things that it needs, then start with suspension then after that motor. cause if you got the power and can't put it to the ground its useless! but its my dream car so i'll probably go for it, it'll be a better starting place for me and i'll be able to get around in it. so hows the stang coming along?
Old 02-04-2007, 12:04 AM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

preety good, going to the track tommorow for the first time with open headers of course i will have video you got everything going in the right direction and if ya need any help remember ive been through the 89 gt from headlights to taillights and im here to help if ya need it. pm me and i will pm you back with my cell number so that way if im working and cant get to the computer you can get me or just anytime you need some advice.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:09 AM
dv3
3rd Gear Member

lol....he should give u that think with all that work......tell him to lick ur ballz ......but no really tell him ull buy him a belt and if he can sell it for 3000 on ebay ull lick his.....
Old 02-04-2007, 12:22 AM
georgiaguy246
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iceman89gt

preety good, going to the track tommorow for the first time with open headers of course i will have video you got everything going in the right direction and if ya need any help remember ive been through the 89 gt from headlights to taillights and im here to help if ya need it. pm me and i will pm you back with my cell number so that way if im working and cant get to the computer you can get me or just anytime you need some advice.
you better have a video! of course you know everything about the 89s, cause you have one lol. still have plans for the 460?
Old 02-04-2007, 12:40 AM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

well hell yea!!!! im just delayed on work until march 1st so im gonna wait until after the spring work projects then i should have her in by atleast july 1st.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:42 AM
georgiaguy246
4th Gear Member

well hell yea!!!! im just delayed on work until march 1st so im gonna wait until after the spring work projects then i should have her in by atleast july 1st.
make sure you make a video of the whole process, then get it edited and stuff. it'd be sweet! show like a before and stuff and a few runs, then after, something like that. it would be sweet! i wish i could have a 460 lol!
Old 02-04-2007, 12:44 AM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

i plan on it, im gonna have some music and all with it.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:47 AM
georgiaguy246
4th Gear Member

i plan on it, im gonna have some music and all with it.
thatsgoing to be sweet! got to send me a dvd lol.

Quick Reply: looked at a stang today...