5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

longest burnout?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 02:31 PM
aftlcc
1st Gear Member

Default RE: longest burnout?

In my ranger (stock 4.0) I have marks at a buddies house that I did the day I got my license, over three years ago. When we had the Stang (still do, needs a new trans) we would leave some FAT lines. I miss the locking rear end.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

With totally bald and junk tires my car would burn as long as you wanted to try it. It would self govern at around 5k. I did one about 200' long once.

With still junk tires with tred about 30' is all I get. Now that the fun of that has worn off my goal is NOT to spin tires.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:53 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

one of my friends has pictures of his burnout. 130'. its been through almost 2 years. at first he laid rubber so thick you could pick it off the ground in layers. i didnt see it but they always talk about it and show me pictures and knowing the kids car that did it i can believe it. if i can get the pictures i'll post em. he runs 93 lx 5 speed as far as the mods i dont know internals, he has bolts ons like long tubes, x pipe, upper and lower control arms, underdrive pullies, upper and lower intake, gt-40 heads, 3.73 gearsand upgraded TB and MAF. other than that i dont know what else he has but its sooo mean and he waste c-5 corvettes
Old 02-06-2007, 03:00 PM
VigCS
5th Gear Member

I've seen adder's video of his burnout...he didn't treat his tires well with that one.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:34 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

im still a fan of a good 2nd gear 4k drop... just enough brake to keep it still, or moving slowly, and feather the gas.. keep it around 3kish... itll spin all day. hell thats why i DD on kumho ectas, lol. 50 bucks a piece, who cares if i spin them off, lol.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:02 PM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

as far as length i've gone at least 200'. it was kinda cheating because it had a very slight incline, not much but enough to help. the best part was i had my mom in the car and she loved it. as far as longest time, last year in the fall i entered in the burnout contest that we have every year. its called "cars and corn" and go figure its in the sticks. the best part was that i won and there were quite a few cars and big ole diesels. i just got em nice and warm, kept it manual low (aod) for a lil bit then just let her fly. went through first like no tomorrow, second was done pretty quick and then just kept it in drive. if i tried OD it would start to bog a bit (yea i kno it wasnt a good idea with that weak OD gear, but you kno how you get w/ a crowd cheering you on). i peddled it to stay at about 80-90 and lasted for a good 3 mins. smoke was rollin outta every where. i mean behind the hood by the cowl, all the body seams, the speaker grills, where the seat belt comes out, under the dash through the hatch.....it goes on. didnt have it on camera but it was long enough for the lady to take 40-50 pictures i believe. pretty amazing not gonna lie. i still have those tires cuz they're holding up our beer pong tabel and i have a pic of them to
Old 02-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Get some pics of it up when you can, i wanna see this ****ss...
Old 02-06-2007, 04:15 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

i just ordered some new ones all of 20 min ago, i should have them in tm or thurs... there goin on on friday, i think im gonna take these junk ones(bald as all hell), wash the car up(damn its dirty) take it to my "secret lil spot" n have a buddy take pics of me roasting them off... the plan it to smoke them till there bout gone!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 04:20 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I have only done about 3-4 burnouts in my car since I have had it but the longest was prob like 20-25 seconds, doesnt seem long but it is lol
Old 02-06-2007, 04:24 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

eh, i dont spin them all the time. but here and there yea.. let one of your buddies ride w. ya... youll burn em, lol.

Quick Reply: longest burnout?