5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

PCV.....continued

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 02:03 AM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

Default PCV.....continued

So i pulled my throttle body today, and i did not see any oil puddles in there, which is good, there wasnt as much blowvy as i thought that was, but what bothered me was that is was wet oil? maybe b/c it was warm when i checked it. I also pulled the bole ouyt f the hose that runs from the bottome of the upper intake, and some oil DRAINED out of it(i would say about3-5 oz) I am planngin on getting the pcv systme back on there, but im a little confuseed on where it goes, like the hose from the bottom of the upper intake, I know that hose goes to the pcv vavle and then where? some help would be great.........
Old 02-10-2007, 03:23 AM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: PCV.....continued

Wow great, im surprised no one know anything...........
Old 02-10-2007, 03:30 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

Friday night
Most people have a life.
Lucky for you I don't

The hose from the upper intake runs to the pcv at the lower intake. The hose does not route any where else after that.

I think we have already talked about this, but ...
You will also need to pull the breather cap, and replace it with a sealed cap. Also, you will want the hose which runs from the Throttle Body to the Valve Cover filler neck.

jason
Old 02-10-2007, 03:30 AM
89gtsleeper
2nd Gear Member

There should be two opening one the pcv I believe. One of thme goes to the vacuum tree on the firewall, the other to the intake manifold. I know there is a diagram in the chilton's for stock and cobra intakes (as those were astock on 93 cobras). Mine is at a friend's house, but if anyone else on here has one, or if you want to go buy one, the answer is there for you.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:34 AM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vristang

Friday night
Most people have a life.
Lucky for you I don't

The hose from the upper intake runs to the pcv at the lower intake. The hose does not route any where else after that.

I think we have already talked about this, but ...
You will also need to pull the breather cap, and replace it with a sealed cap. Also, you will want the hose which runs from the Throttle Body to the Valve Cover filler neck.

I have a breather, the tb-vc hose, and the hos from the upper intake is plugged with a bolt.
I know i have mentionted this but i still dont understand fully, So the hose from the upper is supposed to run the the upper to the vavle, then to the lower?
Also i seena picture of someone that had that same hose ran to the firewwall? its was like the vac splicer thing...

jason
Old 02-10-2007, 03:39 AM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90Lxstanger

So i pulled my throttle body today, and i did not see any oil puddles in there, which is good, there wasnt as much blowvy as i thought that was, but what bothered me was that is was wet oil? maybe b/c it was warm when i checked it. I also pulled the bole ouyt f the hose that runs from the bottome of the upper intake, and some oil DRAINED out of it(i would say about3-5 oz) I am planngin on getting the pcv systme back on there, but im a little confuseed on where it goes, like the hose from the bottom of the upper intake, I know that hose goes to the pcv vavle and then where? some help would be great.........
Not to be rude, but that's a little confusing.... I think what you're asking is where the PCV valve goes once you have it on the hose? It goes into the back of the lower intake...you can't miss it. If that's not what you're asking, try being a little more specific if you can.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:42 AM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gspfunk

Not to be rude, but that's a little confusing.... I think what you're asking is where the PCV valve goes once you have it on the hose? It goes into the back of the lower intake...you can't miss it. If that's not what you're asking, try being a little more specific if you can.
sorry, actually that is what im asking, check out this puc, wha ti have circles, the hose from the lower runs to it, where as in this pic this guy has the hose from the upper running to it, what is really correct???
Old 02-10-2007, 03:46 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

I have a breather, the tb-vc hose, and the hos from the upper intake is plugged with a bolt.
I know i have mentionted this but i still dont understand fully, So the hose from the upper is supposed to run the the upper to the vavle, then to the lower?
Also i seena picture of someone that had that same hose ran to the firewwall? its was like the vac splicer thing...
There are 2 separate hoses to the pcv system.
One on the drivers side, which runs from the upper intake down to the pcv hole in the back of the lower intake.
The second hose runs from the TB to the VC.

The pic you saw of the hose coming from the upper intake to the vac dist. block was actually the supply for the vac. You don't want to run the hose from the pcv-to the dist block-to the upper intake. This will increase the risk of contaminating the brake booster and other vac accessories with crankcase fumes and oil.

There are several connector/nipples on the underside of the upper intake to which you could route your pcv hose. One of these may be more appropriate?

jason
Old 02-10-2007, 03:47 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gspfunk

sorry, actually that is what im asking, check out this puc, wha ti have circles, the hose from the lower runs to it, where as in this pic this guy has the hose from the upper running to it, what is really correct???
there is no pcv in that hose.
that is the vac supply for the vac accessories.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:49 AM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

OK thanks you i think am gettin somewhere. So the hose from the bottom of the upper intake should run right to the lower intake? and in between there should be pcv vavle and screen and whatever else you had mentioned before? and for the lower intake fiting, there a hose that runs from that to the vac. distribution block, that shouldnt be there right?