5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 04:37 AM
_UnLiMiTeD_
1st Gear Member

Default RE: reliable?

the beretta was $2700, the rest was repairs and rims lol. I keep working on the parents, seeing as it is my money and i dont feel like wasting every cent i get into a repairing an unfixable car at this point.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:52 AM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

just tell them to believe you that itll be a good car, it'll do you good, especially if its that one in that pic, and how much are they wanting for it?
Old 02-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

My thoughts on the reliability of these cars: When I bought my car, it was in need of maintenance. It ran well enough, but had a lot of worn parts. During the next four months, I spent around $2500 on oem parts and 3.55 gears. The replacement parts included front brakes, new radiator, new power steering pump, new waterpump, new clutch, tune-up parts, motor mounts, etc. These parts didn't all break at once, but rather, as soon as I'd fix one thing, something else would go. I think most of these parts are normal parts to replace at 100k+ miles...they didn't owe me anything. Since taking care of those items intially, the car has been running great...every single day. I drive it to work everyday, and lay into the throttle pretty often. The torque of the thing is addictive. It performs flawlessly everytime, and nothing has broken in a while. It feels so strong, I know 10 years from now, some other guy will be thrashing the thing, wondering how long it's gonna last.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:56 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

In fact, it seems like the more miles I put on it, the stronger it runs. Given, I've only owned the car for like a year and a half; I'veput 13k miles on it. I'm guessing the car may have sat for a bit before I bought it.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:02 AM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Twisted

My thoughts on the reliability of these cars: When I bought my car, it was in need of maintenance. It ran well enough, but had a lot of worn parts. During the next four months, I spent around $2500 on oem parts and 3.55 gears. The replacement parts included front brakes, new radiator, new power steering pump, new waterpump, new clutch, tune-up parts, motor mounts, etc. These parts didn't all break at once, but rather, as soon as I'd fix one thing, something else would go. I think most of these parts are normal parts to replace at 100k+ miles...they didn't owe me anything. Since taking care of those items intially, the car has been running great...every single day. I drive it to work everyday, and lay into the throttle pretty often. The torque of the thing is addictive. It performs flawlessly everytime, and nothing has broken in a while. It feels so strong, I know 10 years from now, some other guy will be thrashing the thing, wondering how long it's gonna last.
+1 i agree, even though stuff break on all cars, its seem its not all at once compared to lil 4 banger compacts, and once you do all the work, and make sure its done right, it shoild be good for a long time, i mean since ive had my car, i havent reaplces any parts, just been checking ****, changing fluids, making sure everything is good to go and im running order. I think they make good gas mileage, im getting 23 on the highway,which is as god and high mileage 4 bangers................all in all it'll be a good car and youl be please if mot sell it.........
good luck
Old 02-10-2007, 12:32 PM
_UnLiMiTeD_
1st Gear Member

yea im dieing to get that mustang, it looks very clean. They are asking $5700 for it, is that what they usually go for?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:53 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I have not had one thing go wrong with mine since I bought it. I have spent plenty on modifications for it but never had any maintenance issues with it at all and the 5.0's are very easy to work on and cheap to get parts for. Go for it!!
Old 02-10-2007, 01:42 PM
_UnLiMiTeD_
1st Gear Member

does $5700 for it sound fair for a stock lx 5.0? Also is lx a base model mustang or something?
Old 02-10-2007, 02:07 PM
_UnLiMiTeD_
1st Gear Member

Also do most of the mustangs have rear defrost, one thing i cant stand is not having a rear defrost. Im sorry im asking a lot of questions, just i got burned real bad on the last car i bought and wasted a ton of money and i cant do that again
Old 02-10-2007, 02:09 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

what year? They tend to be more expensive in canada so people here will tell you it is too much but, I payed around 7000 for mine, which was a deal

Edit.. I actually looked at your add, ya I would say that is a good deal for so low kms. If it is acurate that car was babied its entire life

Quick Reply: reliable?