5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Audition =)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 03:21 AM
EliteTuners
3rd Gear Member

Default Audition =)

ahahaha...
anyone wanna be featured front page on my magazine im making for my website?
need some pics, a nickname, all your mods, and any kind of special story u wanna add
Old 02-11-2007, 03:22 AM
EliteTuners
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Audition =)

=/ needed asap so i can write the front page
Old 02-11-2007, 04:30 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

u can do mine if u wish its not the greatest but i wouldn't care
Old 02-11-2007, 04:34 AM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

do mine

mods: 4 cylinder engine, 1012RWHP, 899 ft lbs of torque, pink neon

im J/K btw..........................
Old 02-11-2007, 02:10 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ttt
Old 02-11-2007, 02:39 PM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

*Cough*

If you look at my Cardomain...then you will see my mods and some pics. I call her the Nitrous-ed Nightmare.

With the Convertible, I started with a very good platform suspension and chassis wise. She used to have a 408 with a PT 76 turbo. She was a 10.60 car and won the Fast Ford Fun Day at LACR in 2003. The previous onwer blew up the motor, and now is building a tube chassis 1965 Mustang. I got the rolling chassis, and right now I am trying to build and document a mild street application without hurting your wallet. I am trying to push the limit on the stock motor. At first we dropped in a BONE stock 1989 302 . Then the bolt on's came. After losing to my friend's cars I decided, it was nitrous time. A modest 75 shot made things more interesting. But being young and greedy, I decided to up it. A 150 shot and a blown head gasket later.........Doh!!!!!!!!

Then I sold my bike and like an idiot, I put a Powerdyne Supercharger on it. I really liked how quiet the blower was, however the quality well........ The blower blew up, and closed 3 spark plugs, and sent little pieces of the impellors through the motor. Little did I know, when the blower blew up, the force and shutter of the motor caused the bell housing and throwout bearing retainer to crack. After replacing the bell housing and throwout bearing. I began to think about was wrong with the motor. It sounded like it had a really bad rod knock. Changed the oil, and spark plugs, Seafoamed her and what do you know a couple days driving and a small nitrous pass later......the knocking went away.

A couple of months ago, I purchased twin turbos. However I have been unable to put together the turbo kit. Being only 22......I have no money. I am just collecting what is needed. And this build is taking alot longer than I wished.

So............after going through the garage, I found all my nitrous components...and it is back on the car. Since I upgraded the fuel pump to a 255 in tank, I knew I could put the big shot on it again. So for last couple of months, the 150 shot was back on the car. After losing my friends 2003 upgraded Cobra by a car, time to go bigger. A 175 shot went on the car, and I got him. Well I am getting greedy again a 200 shot went on the car Friday. The motor continues to keep ticking. 30 nitrous bottles through the car later.........a two stage is in order. Remember this is just with bolt ons and a fuel pump. I am thinking a 150 first stage and a 225 second stage..........

I haven't been to track in a long time, so I cannot give you any times or horsepower ratings. Just know she is set up for the street.

When the short block finally gives up, it will get a 331 stroker, turbo cam, and an extreme port and polish on the stock heads. Why the stock heads you ask? I have a really good head guy with a CNC machine. He can make a stock head flow just as good an AFR for way less.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:41 PM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SSKiller

*Cough*
hows the turbo build comming SSKiller?
Old 02-11-2007, 02:46 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

magazine for your website?
Old 02-11-2007, 02:46 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

if u want: http://onyxcobra.googlepages.com/%2795svtmustangcobra
Old 02-11-2007, 03:52 PM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: frdmstng1986GT

ORIGINAL: SSKiller

*Cough*
hows the turbo build comming SSKiller?
Starting her up again, got the intercooler, electric fan. Collecting the silicone elbows and AN fittings. I sent in my blown up supercharger, and when it gets back, my friend is trading me the supercharger from his blow through Pro-Form MAF and 42 pound injectors. Then the hot side and cold side and she will be complete. So hopefully pretty soon.