5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

getting rid of dumps for tailpipes...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 01:18 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

Default getting rid of dumps for tailpipes...

was starting to notice fumes inside the car a little too much plus wanted the sound that comes with tailpipes...... so since my flowmasters were welded to the bbk 2.5 o/r hpipe instead of bolted on... I ordered a new 2.5" o/r hpipe and new 2.5" flowmaster (40series delta flow) catback exhaust setup from summit for my 89 gt..

update:

got everything in and installed...
Old 02-18-2007, 01:20 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: getting rid of dumps for tailpipes...

thank you for someone who finally has thier head screwed on right about the dumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 02-18-2007, 01:32 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

dumps sound nice and agressive but I put o/r hpipe on friends car that had flows with tails.. and liked the sound alot more than my sound.. that and tired of getting exhaust in the car.. it didnt use to get in but ive been stopping and going alot more than usuall so its starting to get alotmore noticableand itis a street carthatoccasionally sees the track so its not worth it.... should get everything in by wed. and have it in that night.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:03 PM
svt99redcobra
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangfxbdy

dumps sound nice and agressive but I put o/r hpipe on friends car that had flows with tails.. and liked the sound alot more than my sound.. that and tired of getting exhaust in the car.. it didnt use to get in but ive been stopping and going alot more than usuall so its starting to get alotmore noticableand itis a street carthatoccasionally sees the track so its not worth it.... should get everything in by wed. and have it in that night.
I have this exact same setup, bbk equal lenght shorties, then mac o/r hpipe, and flowmaster delta 40s, and it sounds sick.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:05 PM
turbosha
3rd Gear Member

its hard to come in late at night all quite like when you rattle windows everywhere you go.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:13 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

yep the hardest part about it was spending moneyand not gaining any hp... i already had bbk shorties, 2.5o/r hipe, with flows.... but its well worth it to get rid of the fumes in stop and go traffic and get back that sweet sound that tailpipes give you....
Old 02-23-2007, 03:34 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

well got everything in and installed. it sounds alot better than it did I like having the echoing throaty sound that tailpipes give you back again and wont go back to dumps...

plus the fumes are gone...
Old 02-23-2007, 03:37 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

never had problems w/ fumes.... Im still running stock h pipe though. I just took my exhaust off when I did my battery relocation kit becuase I had to drop my tank and never felt like putting it back on lol
Old 02-23-2007, 03:43 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

nothing wrong with it..... with the o/r hpipe i was didnt notice it that much while driving but i started getting in alot of stop and go traffic and it started bothering me every once in a while..
but since I installed the new o/r hipe and flowmaster catback no more problems.. plus about 3 weeks ago installed same setup on friends car and fell back in love with the sound it gives off with tailpipes... it sounds alot better now with tailpipes... but thats just my preference. i still think dumps sound good but rather have tailpipes.. now..
Old 02-23-2007, 03:46 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I cant wait to run my tailpipes that came w/ my SLP kit. Problem is, I have a GT and I got the kit for an LX so I can run it when I get a Cobra bumper, but thats a long time from now so looks like Im going to be dumping for a some time lol

Quick Reply: getting rid of dumps for tailpipes...