5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Best performance fluid for T-5

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 05:59 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Best performance fluid for T-5

do u use synthetic oil to break in a motor? NO same thing goes for a new tranny, synthetic fluid prevents the parts from wearing the way they need to for the first 1000 miles... and gm synromesh is a great fluid much better than motorcrafts fluid... red line and royal purple make great fluids as well...

silver91gt- that recommendation is for after the break in period, and where did u buy the tranny from? and please no more tranny advise from you, just because the syncromech is is made by GM doesn't mean that is junk there are a lot of things GM did bette rthan ford and they're fluid just happens to be one of them

and adder is right (as usual) use regular atf (the cheaper the better) for the first 500-1000 miles
Old 02-25-2007, 06:08 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94gtcoupe

do u use synthetic oil to break in a motor? NO same thing goes for a new tranny, synthetic fluid prevents the parts from wearing the way they need to for the first 1000 miles... and gm synromesh is a great fluid much better than motorcrafts fluid... red line and royal purple make great fluids as well...

silver91gt- that recommendation is for after the break in period, and where did u buy the tranny from? and please no more tranny advise from you, just because the syncromech is is made by GM doesn't mean that is junk there are a lot of things GM did bette rthan ford and they're fluid just happens to be one of them

and adder is right (as usual) use regular atf (the cheaper the better) for the first 500-1000 miles

I got my trans from ford racing,

and isnt that syncromesh a gear oil,
Old 02-25-2007, 06:09 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

b
Old 02-25-2007, 06:17 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

no syncromesh is a half synthetic ATF and it's actualy what borgworner recommended for the t-5
ORIGINAL: silver91gt

I got my trans from ford racing,

and isnt that syncromesh a gear oil,

ORIGINAL:silver91gt
i would thinkless wear better
well yea after the break in period it is better, what happens is u don't get your rings to wear right when u first build a motor? things don't seal right and the gears in the tranny have to wear a "riding patter" in with each other or they may bind later down the road which obviously isn't good
Old 02-25-2007, 06:57 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Arno

Typical hit and run for adder again.
hit and run.. yea ok...I was installing my megasquirt your ****tard
Old 02-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Arno
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

"Your" what? Back to high school might be your best option!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:17 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

u realy shouldn't have done that... u **** off adder and u might as well not ask anymore questions on here

Old 02-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Arno
2nd Gear Member

His problem.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:25 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

No, now it is your problem, Adder is a very valuble guy around here for correct info.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:30 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

u realy shouldn't have done that... u **** off adder and u might as well not ask anymore questions on here

his rite... adder is a big help to a lotta ppl on here many ppl respect him... something u seem to know lil of.... even if u dont like that fact that his a smart *** (which is funny i think)... his still rite 98% of the time.... and his rite in this case to... use some cheap oil to break in the tranny so u get the correct wear... then after the breakin peirod which most say 1000mils is good go with some nice high quality stuff... and there a lotta options otehr there too.. royal purple is a big one... i also love amsoil... its good ****...

Quick Reply: Best performance fluid for T-5