5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

help on value of 88 gt

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 01:29 PM
bman

Default help on value of 88 gt

I found an 88gt locally from an oringinal owner. It has 30,000 miles always garage kept. Car is completely stock and in mint condition.It looks brand new.i'm looking for opinions on what i should pay for it.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:49 PM
immr.mustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: help on value of 88 gt

the value of a car like that is going to be very hard for somone to judge.I just moved to Nashville,TN from Florida, and you can not even find a fox for sale up here.In florida they are a dime a dozen...and cheap.IMO a car like that should be worth about 6-9,000.00, only because it really does not have low enough mileage to say that it was never driven, but not so much as to wear anything out.the best thing you could probably do is if his price is in that range, make sure that it has never been wreaked, and if he/she is the original owner, get all of the paperwork from the purchase as possible.
Heres the thing, if you are going to mod the hell out of it like most of us mustang fanatics, you might coinsider picking up something that already has a few things done,and you wont feel so bad about ripping the tires off of at every trafic light..... this is just my opinion!!!! If I had something as nice as what you described, I would probably just show it,(oh ya,if it wins that adds more value), and it would not realy serve the purpose of owning a 5.0 to me.... but no matter what you decide with that car....... you wont make a bad choice as long as it is as nice as what it sounds.. good luck
Old 02-25-2007, 02:02 PM
88droptopgt
2nd Gear Member

llok at the going prices on EBAY, that will give you a feel for what they are worth.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:36 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

If you are gonna keep it mostly stock and garage kept I would say its worth 7-8K if the quarter window moldings look fairly new and all other weatherstrip and moldings are nice. Also no dents and nice paint. You figure you will pay 3-4K for some beat up and high milege pony. After you paint it get all new weatherstrip and quarter windows and all the other stuff it would take to make that cheaper car look like the one with 30K you would actually save money.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:57 AM
rwh129
4th Gear Member

Sounds like you found a nice foxbody.
I don't think you'll get as cheap as they said.
If the sellar knows what he has it would guess they would want more than 10K