5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Front End Suspension Install..... HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:23 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default Front End Suspension Install..... HELP.

Hey guys, I pretty much ordered my front end suspension this week and need TONS of advice on the install. D&D K Member, D&D A Arms, D&D Coil Over Kit, Strange 10 Way Adj. Struts, Maximum Motorsports C/C Plates.

I searched the internet and didnt find any kind of tech articles or anything like that for installing a k member, etc. and D&D does not provide instructions w/ any of their kits. What is the best way to do this? Im clueless as far as install goes, I have never gotten this deep into suspension before... biggest thing so far is replacing shocks & misc bushings, etc lol. Any tips, advice, etc. Also, is there anything else that I should look into getting while doing the swap? Thanks alot guys.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:25 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: K Member Install.... HELP.

Also, this install will be done by myself and I will use the help of my 14 yr old brother if I need it ... is this possibly or do I need to start calling old friends now?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:32 PM
mypony89
1st Gear Member

Never done it before but I wouldn't mind knowing. My car is in severe need of suspension help.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:55 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I wish there was a tech article on this but I searched through like 10 pages of google and didnt find anything....
Old 02-27-2007, 01:42 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

TTT
Old 02-27-2007, 02:26 PM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

you will pretty much be taking everything off to get the front end right down to the frame rails.. it's gonna be an easy weekend project is my guess.. if i lived closer to you man i would have no problem giving you a hand.lol. it cant be too hard.. i had to take the front suspension out of my car cause it needed the frame rail to be welded under the front k-member.. it wasnt too bad but was some work. hope somebody can give you a better idea on how it will go.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:46 PM
mypony89
1st Gear Member

I just thought of it, but one thing you might want to look into is getting the service manual the techs use. I bought mine for about $100 and it goes into intricate details about everything on the car. I haven't looked at the suspension part of it yet though. Just a thought if you work on you car alot.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
I3atR!ce
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Front End Suspension Install..... HELP.

hey blue, i know when i was looking into k-members and all that ish, ihe first place i went to for info was maximum motorsports. they have great info and they do have tech install info. i know d&d's k-member is different but the install on most of those parts are basically the same
Old 02-27-2007, 03:14 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Hmmmm I never really thought about checking out MM website, I forgot that they had tech installs. But like you said, everything is different for them, alot of their stuff is totally different from direct replacements ... I will check it out though.

The main things that I want to know is setting myself up to do the install... jacking up the motor, where to put the jack stands, wether I need to put jackstands on front and back, removing tranny lines, do i need do disconnect the driveshaft or not to the motor/trans can tilt, etc.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:52 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Ok well I checked out MM website and everything looked pretty good for dissambeling everything.... except for the fact that you need like 8 jackstands and 2 jacks... no clue where Im going to get all them from! lol

And I just realized, I am going to have to disconnect my whole wiring harness because I have it all tucked in my fenderwells and when I pack up the motor its going to pull on the harness and its not going to be able to move because the wiring is so tight.... theres another three hours in disconnecting/reconnecting the wiring harness [:@]

Quick Reply: Front End Suspension Install..... HELP.