5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Push Rod Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:30 AM
Dubs
2nd Gear Member

Default Push Rod Question

Hi Guys,

Just curious to know what length of push rod I will need. I spoke with summit and they said there a lot of variables to it. Well that really doesnt answer my question. I'll be putting my TFS heads and he said it depends on roller rockers and cam I'm putting in. Well the roller rocker will still be stock (I think) and as far as the cam, it's a B31 from Andersons. Can you guys help me out if you have had experience with this?

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2007, 02:41 AM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Push Rod Question

This question has come up about once a day for the past week

WE DON'T KNOW. GET AN ADJUSTABLE PUSHROD AND FIND OUT

Not jumpin on ya, but seriously...I hope people start reading threads that pertain to their own questions
Old 02-28-2007, 02:46 AM
Dubs
2nd Gear Member

Sorry about that pimp! Your right I should of used the search
Old 02-28-2007, 02:49 AM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

Hey, someone's gotta do the pimpin around here The big type was more for the benefit of people who might ask in the next 24 hours...
Old 02-28-2007, 02:55 AM
Dubs
2nd Gear Member

All good man, I dont take offense that easily. It's just frustrating that I have all the pieces to do my H/C/I swap and this damn push rod is pising me off. I just dont want to have to order the wrong thing. See I never even knew they made adjustable ones since you metioned it. If you dont mind me asking what company makes an adjustable push rod?
Old 02-28-2007, 03:06 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Summit should have adjustable pushrods.

And dont use the stock rockers, they arent roller rockers, they are just rocker arms. You'll see much better gains with roller rockers, and you'll have the peace of mind that you have new rockers and wont have to go back and replace them. Donno if you did or not, but also get new lifters, another small part that can be replaced for about 100 bones, and you wont have to worry about tearing back down AGAIN if one fails on you. Its preventive maintence pretty much, dont let the bad happen.

Have you torn down yet ? Or still waiting ?
Old 02-28-2007, 03:22 AM
Dubs
2nd Gear Member

Ya I got some Hyd Ford racing roller lifter set.I have to talk to my friend about the roller rockers. I was thinking aboutthem but he nver mentioned to me to go ahead and change them out. I agree with you..maybe I should since I'm there already.

No I havent put my stuff on yet. I'm actually having someone else do it. Man I wish I was technical savvy so I dont have to pay someone to do it.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:31 AM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

You don't necessarily need to be super mechanically inclined to do a h/c/i, I wasn't before I did mine either. A good set of directions/shop manual and a bit of common sense will do wonders. I'd really recommend doing it on your own, for the money and fun yeah, but mostly you learn so much doing it....definitely do if you at all can
Old 02-28-2007, 04:51 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

My pushrods have me held up too, kinda a bitch....
Old 02-28-2007, 09:49 AM
MadMan@TheWheel
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

My pushrods have me held up too, kinda a bitch....
You got a ton of informational outpouring also This seems to be a popular topic as of late.

Quick Reply: Push Rod Question