5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What could it be?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:48 AM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Default What could it be?

When i first got my car i was able tograb 2nd, and i didnt do it alot so dont say im abusing her![:@]I did it only when i was racing and if not then once in a blue moon. Well then i bought a new clutch which was the same one as the one that was already in it and i wasnt able to grab 2nd. Then do to my flywheel needing to be turned that clutch burnt out and i bought a spec stage 1 clutch and i still cant grab 2nd. I bought new tires to.

Whenever i do try to grab it, it grinds. I dont understand why when i got the car it could grab and now it wont at all.

Honestly, since the car has been in my hands its been taking care of and been beatin on rarely. I'm thinking the owner before it ragged on it alot and maybe the tranny might be a little messed up.

What could it be?
Old 02-28-2007, 03:16 AM
94ford5liter
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What could it be?

Are you referring to chirping the car into 2nd gear? It really depends on a lot of things, but in your case I am guessing since you said you just got new tires put on it, that is probably the reason. With bald tires it is much easier to chirp second than it is with new tires.