5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

I managed to kill my stang *EDIT: Fixed*

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 01:07 AM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I managed to kill my stang...

If it wasn't ground it back feeded through the computer...done...pieced out...
Old 03-01-2007, 01:07 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Didn't see any burnt fuses under the dash or under the hood. I have no clue what it could be at this point. The tweecer could still read the EEC but the damned car just wont start with the tweecer off or on. All i can think of is friend computer, and I don't have a spare one around to use to double check.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Sam, Do I need to come up and visit for a weekend?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86HOGT

If it wasn't ground it back feeded through the computer...done...pieced out...
Exactly what I'm thinking. Amazing how someone can do the hard and complicated things with little to no problem.. yet overlooks something ungodly simple and basic. You can't get any more basic than a ground wire...

I didn't know autozone could get me a computer though. I was just looking on google to try to find some place (other than a junkyard) that has them.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:11 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

Actually, I think you need to kick me in the head, LoL.

You're a twecer guy and you've got an SN95... I am correct in thinking that the green bold near the three wire harnesses was the ground correct? And by being a dumbass and elaving it off, there's a good chance I fried it?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:16 AM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

yeah, they quoted me a price of like 119 bucks for aecm for a90 mustang 5.05spd without the core and cant remmeber if it was $89.99 or $99.99 with the core. they were remans, not brand new though.

also, you can be about 99.9% sure that it is fried.. pop the cover off ofyoureand look at inside and see if you can maybe see a fried spot on the computer boards.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:23 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Actually, I think you need to kick me in the head, LoL.

You're a twecer guy and you've got an SN95... I am correct in thinking that the green bold near the three wire harnesses was the ground correct? And by being a dumbass and elaving it off, there's a good chance I fried it?
the kick in the head, i can help you with. are you sure you have EVERYTHING plugged in?

also, are you aware that you have to screw in that bolt in the bottom of the ecm connector? thats how it makes contact with the prongs. If you turn the key forward, and the pump comes on.. is your radiator fan on?

when you tried running the tweecer, did you load the correct strategy for your ECM? You will probably use the CBAZA strategy.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:29 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

the kick in the head, i can help you with. are you sure you have EVERYTHING plugged in?

also, are you aware that you have to screw in that bolt in the bottom of the ecm connector? thats how it makes contact with the prongs. If you turn the key forward, and the pump comes on.. is your radiator fan on?

when you tried running the tweecer, did you load the correct strategy for your ECM? You will probably use the CBAZA strategy.
Pretty sure I have everything plugged in. There were the three wire harnesses in front of the ECC, and then tehre was the two wires going under the green bolt that I managed to forget about the first time, but they're back in now.

I knew about the screw in the bottom too. That's screwed all the way in to make sure that ithas a good connection.

The fuel pump definitely comes on, but the radiator fan doesnt. I cant recall if that ever came on with the key in the ON position though.

Yup, when I had the tweecer in, I used the CBAZA strategy. To test the positions, I made a minor change to idle speed on positon two and wrote it. Then i read position one (which I wrote as "stock") and read position two to make sure that it saw the changes. That's when I tried to start it up and it just cranked. Then I removed the tweecer, tried to srart it, and again it just cranked. And that's when I finally noticed the ground wire or whatever that was bolted to the side.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:34 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Im pretty sure that position 5 is OFF... so you dont need to save a "stock" tune
Old 03-01-2007, 01:36 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Yeah. 5 is off. But I just wanted to save a base tune and then make a minor change and save that. That way I could switch back and forth and "read" each position just to make sure it was functioning properly. It was my version of a test run with a simple change to see ifit took properly. Tweecer seemed to be running great.

Quick Reply: I managed to kill my stang *EDIT: Fixed*