5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

ebay cold air intakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:09 PM
immr.mustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ebay cold air intakes

and by the way, "all cai are the same guy", explain to me then why a k&n,or air raid kit doesnt just come with a piece of pipe and a filter??????????all cai are not the same and you should be ashamed for making such an utterly rediculous statement to some one wanting GOOD advice from experienced people here in this comunity.I just couldnt let this go I guess, but to anyone wanting to purchase a cai, do yourself a favor and buy one that gets COLD air from somewhere such as througfh the fender or under the car instead of just having one that susks in all the under hood heat...Im done.....If you would like to insult my inteligence some more ,that is fine, Im wise enough to handle it, but dont do it to newbes
Old 03-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

I've personally never looked at ebay kits, but dont they offer some kits that DONT go in the fenderwell ?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:11 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

MOST cai are pretty much the same exact thing.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:13 PM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: green95GT

are the cheap cold air intakes on ebay any good?
Get a kit off of AmericanMuscle.com... I think i payed like 70 bucks? its almost identical to the bbk one, its fender well mounted so your actually getting cold air into the system and not sucking hot air in... the only drawback is the air filter, could be bigger but workes fine so far... One day im going to get a K&N one to replace it with...
Old 03-05-2007, 01:19 PM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: immr.mustang

and by the way, "all cai are the same guy", explain to me then why a k&n,or air raid kit doesnt just come with a piece of pipe and a filter??????????all cai are not the same and you should be ashamed for making such an utterly rediculous statement to some one wanting GOOD advice from experienced people here in this comunity.I just couldnt let this go I guess, but to anyone wanting to purchase a cai, do yourself a favor and buy one that gets COLD air from somewhere such as througfh the fender or under the car instead of just having one that susks in all the under hood heat...Im done.....If you would like to insult my inteligence some more ,that is fine, Im wise enough to handle it, but dont do it to newbes
By the way, "new member flaming relatively new member himself guy": I think your poor grammar and spelling says enough... Please we don’t need more people with attitude on the forums, and CIA kits are pieces of pipe and a filter... That’s why you can make them out of PVC pipes and hose clamps... The only difference in the $200 one you get from BBK or K&N and the $50-70 one is a few name stamps, a better filter, and a better finish...

And as far as the ones that are not fender well mounted, they are not Cold Air Intakes... They are Short Ram Intakes and are utterly useless...
Old 03-05-2007, 01:39 PM
immr.mustang
2nd Gear Member

Just because i am a new member to this chat forum makes you think i am a newbe??? you must be kidding right???????I will go car for car dollar for dollar against anyone on this forum (that works for a living) and builds thier own car.......you do not know me.
As for your remark about my grammar........I am very well educated, just not very computer savy and do not spell check when i am merely writing in a forum brother. so....... where do we go from here?????
I do enjoy reading and posting here in this forum, but I just feel that there is some poor advice being given from time to time, that is when I put my 2cents in.... that is what this place is for, right?Cool.
I have been ASE certified for 9 years(x5 certs) and have built mustangs for friends and myself that have been 10 sec capable......my lastcar that I just sold was an 86 Monte SS 508 stroker with a mark IV block,089 heads ported by myself, with a 2 stage kit backed by a built(NOT by me) 700r4 that went 9.69.......so when i do post about something, it is from experience, not from internet education and desk top dynos.. So you go ahead and build your pcv intake and I'll stick with my hard earned BBK....I am completely happy with and would not change it for ANY other intake. I will not dispute that there are intakes just like it though, for cheaper... just like what professional products is doing.... Nothing wrong with them I guess, I do not own one, but I am in the process of acquiring a RPM knock off.
Well...... that is all for now, but I am not trying to p!ss anyone off, but when someone says"they are all the same", it bugs me......................Is my grammer better this time???
Old 03-05-2007, 01:43 PM
89 fox
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: immr.mustang

Look in the mirror NOOB.....why tell someone they have to spend 200+ on a new CAI..when the ebay one does the same exact thing.....take the extra $150 and buy a set of pullies and still have $$$$ left over....have you personally used one off of Ebay??? IF you did....PLEASE tell me you can feel the difference......sounds like you are the one that needs to listen to somw GOOD advise.....
Old 03-05-2007, 01:45 PM
immr.mustang
2nd Gear Member

Oh.... so I cant go dollar for dollar with anyone in the chat room due to having a family to care for, but in time what I have will be just as quick asthe top 10%out there...But you get my drift though I am sure. I am a typical, cant ever be too fast mustang fan....
Old 03-05-2007, 01:57 PM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

I’m not sure why your acting like were a bunch of spoiled 16 year old suburban boys...

Majority of the members on this forum have children, work full time, or are financially strapped in some way...

Every cent I’ve put into my car is hard earned, my car is one of the few places i get to enjoy the money I earn... And that’s while putting myself through college, working 40+ hours a week... Pay college tuition, fees, books, and then throw on normal living expenses on while reviving NO support from your parents or financial aid(because your parents are too wealthy) onto wages a 19 year old can make and see how much free money you have to throw into your car...

And the only reason I jumped on you is because you went WAY overboard for a rather neutral generalized statement that a VERY experienced member of this board made...

"you should be ashamed for making such an utterly rediculous statement to some one wanting GOOD advice from experienced people here in this comunity.I just couldnt let this go I guess..."

Old 03-05-2007, 02:00 PM
immr.mustang
2nd Gear Member

The one I bought was from ebay, but just for claification, "ALL INTAKES ARE NOT THE SAME"! So before we go any further with this argument, go to ebay, and see the different styles they have on there. IT IS NOT JUST SOME PIPING AND HOSE CLAMPS!!!!!! With that said, I am disputing the fact that ALL of them are the same, not that the ones on ebay that go through the fender like my BBK are bad ones to get. You see everyone was fast to judge and call me NOOB, with out all thier ducks in a row, but that is OK because in the automotive buisness I get that crap every day..

Quick Reply: ebay cold air intakes