5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

ebay heads

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 03:51 AM
ahittz24
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: ebay heads

Ok... Grab a Stock 302, throw on a set of RHS heads (2.02 Intake, 1.60 Exhaust) and lets see what happens.... Then we will see who knows what they are talking about.

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

ORIGINAL: ahittz24

First of all there is a reason you have those 6 letters under your name. Think before you speak... Flow Charts do mean a great deal, esp when deciding on spring rates, cam specs, Valve sizes, etc. It is a proven fact that Thumper ported GT40 heads will outflow an AFR 165, so watch what yousay. Second, I have built maybe 20 motors (I would say 5 with Alum heads) in my life and the one that would knock your eyeballs to the back of your head was built with Cast heads. The be all end all to this is, whats it matter? For a head with 2.02 intake valves to work on a 5.0, you have to get the pistons flycut.
LOL!!! You really put yourself out on a limb with this one. Just because he registered today doesn't mean his Ford knowledge started today. He's made 2 posts and I already feel as if I've spoken to him earlier today. Do you use flow charts to pick valve size? Do you race a flow bench? But to end all of this, that last sentence you posted just showed those who do know, that you aren't one of us.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:13 AM
Chitown racer
2nd Gear Member

Well first of all 28" of water is used to when measuring air flow as someone, somewhere decided that this would be a good baseline to use when comparing headflow. It used in much the same way .050" is now used as the industry standard when comparing cam duration. Though, you dont race a flowbench in much the same way you dont race a dyno, flowbench numbers have always been a good general gauge when comparing the flow characteristics ofone head to another. If they were so worthless I wouldnt think so many head companies, race teams andengine builders would spend big dollars on flowbenches.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:13 AM
black_pearl_gt
2nd Gear Member

Ok... Grab a Stock 302, throw on a set of RHS heads (2.02 Intake, 1.60 Exhaust) and lets see what happens.... Then we will see who knows what they are talking about.
youll have smooshed up valves or cracked pistons
Old 03-22-2007, 04:28 AM
94 G STANG
2nd Gear Member

interesting some people sware by the gt 40's ported and other the afrs...
why the uncertainty... doesnt anyone have dyno figures/charts in comparison.?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:28 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chitown racer

Well first of all 28" of water is used to when measuring air flow as someone, somewhere decided that this would be a good baseline to use when comparing headflow. It used in much the same way .050" is now used as the industry standard when comparing cam duration. Though, you dont race a flowbench in much the same way you dont race a dyno, flowbench numbers have always been a good general gauge when comparing the flow characteristics ofone head to another. If they were so worthless I wouldnt think so many head companies, race teams andengine builders would spend big dollars on flowbenches.
Flow numbers are only as good as the person taking them and the methods in which they are taken.There are other factors in cylinder heads that give more impact than a simple flow number.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:31 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

Obviously, if it's your combo, it would be ****ed since you don't know what you're doing. What does this prove? I can make stock E7s not clear with the wrong camshaft.

You said a set of 2.02" inline valve heads will not clear a stock shortblock without notching the pistons. This shows your inexperience. With the proper camshaft, they will clear. With an improper camshaft, they will not.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:34 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94 G STANG

interesting some people sware by the gt 40's ported and other the afrs...
why the uncertainty... doesnt anyone have dyno figures/charts in comparison.?
Some people think think a flow number by itself equals power. Other know valve placement, runner design, turbulence, etc. all come into play.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:50 AM
94 G STANG
2nd Gear Member

Hey full auto, what do you have on a 5.8w stroker kit and how $$$$
Old 03-22-2007, 04:57 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94 G STANG

Hey full auto, what do you have on a 5.8w stroker kit and how $$$$
You're going to have to be a little more specific. Pump gas or race gas? Cheap forged pistons or good forged pistons? Cast or forged crank? Cubic inch?

PM me and I'll get back with you tomorrow. I'm going to bed.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:03 AM
94 G STANG
2nd Gear Member

lol ok buddy nighty night...... possibly 408 n/a plans street car pump gas by the way

Quick Reply: ebay heads