5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

need help with setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 04:39 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Default RE: need help with setup

ORIGINAL: 90Mustangfan

car tech kits, you dont have to remove any smog equip...educate yourself atturbomustangs the cartech turbo kit keep ALL factory components I copied this from turbomustangs.com>>>>>>>>

All flanges that use a gasket (header flange, turbo inlet/outlet, and wastegate inlet/outlet) are ½” thick and ground flat prior to welding for a completely leak free joint. V-band flanges have been incorporated between the headers and cross over pipe, and between the down pipe and y-pipe to complete a leak free system that does not rely on gaskets to seal. An industrial flex joint has been added to the cross over pipe to allow for heat cycle expansion and contraction to take place without cracking the tubing. This also allows for variations in engine configurations and manufacturing tolerances of other components and still ensures a worry free fit. All kits include y-pipe to hook into H-pipe (not included) using factory style ball sockets, and an oil filter relocation kit standard. Stainless Steel hot pipes.

Options

HPC coating on all hot parts, larger BOV, larger turbo, larger wastegate, 1-3/4" headers. You may also choose to eliminate some of the extras like the gauge.

Fitment Mods

All components have been designed to clear all factory accessories, brackets, and sub-systems with a very minimal amount of modifications. The kit will work on cars with factory sway bars, anti-lock brakes, A/C, air pump, and lowered chassis’s
....that being said, why wont it pass emissions if its a totally stock cobra, with cartech turbo kit. the only difference is adding boost, bigger inj, bigger fuel pump...and some stronger clutch/trans/rear...how will it fail emission? I know people with vortech chargers passing emission. why wont it with turbo....Or does "ADDERMK2" not have a **** clue what hes talikng about and just posts to be a post whorewhore...sounds like hes full of ****...IDK I could be wrong
when i was going to put a single turbo on my old 95 all i could find is that most asked said that you had to remove the smog pump. i was unaware that cartech possibly made a smog legal system now. also how do you critize people after asking for there help? dude i have done a lot of research of various different things. what kind of build do you have? thats right you don't your just another F**king dreamer
Old 03-25-2007, 04:42 PM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

you guy dont know **** about **** you fools...and you didnt even answer any questions from my initial post...I feel bad for people like addermk2, you just posts just because Jasperstang308said **** thathe doesnt even know about....you poor fools...Its sad that your that way...sad part about it is addermk2, you probally are poor and make very little money...best part about it I make 3 times the money you make...keep saving your money you might someday you mightbecome rich like me..haha, best part about it is living rich is the best revenge. haha, you fool, acting like you dont know...

My dad can beat up your dad and he makes more money[8D]
Old 03-25-2007, 04:51 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

you guy dont know **** about **** you fools...and you didnt even answer any questions from my initial post...I feel bad for people like addermk2, you just posts just because Jasperstang308said **** thathe doesnt even know about....you poor fools...Its sad that your that way...sad part about it is addermk2, you probally are poor and make very little money...best part about it I make 3 times the money you make...keep saving your money you might someday you mightbecome rich like me..haha, best part about it is living rich is the best revenge. haha, you fool, acting like you dont know...
dude since your so RICH why don't you just have your personal mechanic build you a bad a$$ mustang and be done with it. I can see it now and you go to a car show and someone ask you whats done to your "i dunno i had my mechanic build it for me i know it has a turbo though.:"
the same guy, "How much boost is it running?"
you "i don't know but its making 3482395849058 hp"
the guy just walks off laughing
in other words just go away your rich you don't need our opinion you got your personal mechanic

oh yeah i didn't use my daddy's money to build my mustang i saved earned it for 3 yrs to make it where it was at. all you do is go to your daddy with blank check and tell them to sign it. its really quite sad
Old 03-25-2007, 04:54 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangman94

My dad can beat up your dad and he makes more money[8D]
and my dad banged his mom. thats why he doesn't look anything like his dad
Old 03-25-2007, 05:19 PM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

thats some funny ****, Your Right I am going to pay to have my car built professionally, who wouldnt, it will be built the RIGHT way.Im trying tobuild the bad *** mustang butIm looking for the best possible setupand spend what it take atwith no budget, not cheaping out, getting the best of the best parts.But the truth is I not just some dumb rich kid who dont know dick about cars. Ive had had 2 mustang before that I built up myself. The fact of it is I dont have time to build it myself due to working, making money myself hustling. I dont write dadys checks.I come on the forums to getsecond opinion on motor combinations, and I find poor ignorant people on here that dont know **** about and just post to post because they are ignorant immature people that dont know much about mustangs
Old 03-25-2007, 05:53 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i posted what i knew. i personally haven't checked into turbo's for a while i am more into n/a applications. i guess i should have checked into it before i made a post since i was unaware that cartech made a smog legal kit. i would however still call them and make sure.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:24 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Last time I checked, none of the Turbo kits available were CARB legal.... so no... you WONT pass cali emmissions

dont believe me? try it!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:33 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

here ya go rich guy. since no one else can afford it tell us how well they work out
http://www.araoengineering.com/Ford/frdsmb.htm
Old 03-25-2007, 09:18 PM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

making up carb numbersis easy...And well it depends on the smog shop, but the last 2 stangs I had had lots of aftermarket parts on it, the mexican at the shop didnt even look for carb #, hell I didnt even have my egr valve hooked up or my TB coolant line hooked up, and I still passed emission. If I slaped on a fake carb# on the turbo, Im gold....as for those heads 32 valve heads, are they emissions friendly, meaning do they have smog ports in the back ofthe heads will they pass...and To be Honest the 95' cobra is just a PROJECT car or stepping stonefor me to drive forabout 6 months to a yeartillI have the rest of the money for the >>>> 07' saleen extreme or 07 shelby cobra gt500....see thats also a big debate...the saleen extreme has 550hp from a 4.6 supercharged wich runs 11's, and the 07shelby cobra gt500 has 500hp, front heavy and run low 12's....Im not sure if its worth the extra $$for the saleen name, suspension.. etc. But visiting the saleen website, Im dead set on the 07 saleen extreme for 1. its lighter 3350, 550hp,bigger breaks,lots of better goodies. VS the 07 shelby cobra gt500, has only 500hp,weighs 3800,only 14" breaks, front heavyetc....Though THe shelby has a 5.4 vs the saleen's 4.6. I really want a saleen with the 5.4, Im going to call them to see is saleen will use the shelby 5.4 block and the rest of the car/motorsaleen...I believe the 5.4 will have more potential in the hands of saleen...do you think saleen would do that?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:32 PM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

dude since your so RICH why don't you just have your personal mechanic build you a bad a$$ mustang and be done with it. I can see it now and you go to a car show and someone ask you whats done to your "i dunno i had my mechanic build it for me i know it has a turbo though.:"
the same guy, "How much boost is it running?"
you "i don't know but its making 3482395849058 hp"
the guy just walks off laughing
"in other words just go away your rich you don't need our opinion you got your personal mechanic"

oh yeah i didn't use my daddy's money to build my mustang i saved earned it for 3 yrs to make it where it was at. all you do is go to your daddy with blank check and tell them to sign it. its really quite sad
Im sorry I worked harder thanYOU to make more money than YOU, you have the same oppurtunity to make the money Imake, your just not trying hard enough to make it. I tried harder than you, thats a FACT,andin turn I got what I wanted. More money, better Life.oh and girls love the money.
But a RESPONSE to your comment, Its the smart person like me who gets second opinions, because thats smart to do. so to finish it off I "its really quite sad" thats what you said LOL, read what I said, the best revenge is living a better life.

Quick Reply: need help with setup