5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

help me stay motivated with my stang! w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:26 PM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default help me stay motivated with my stang! w/pics

this is hard to say but since the AOD trans went and money disapeared, i stopped dumping money into the stang and its been sitting since august. i want to get it going again but i cant get it motivated. starts up first crank and runs great! needs work body work, trans, etc. I do have a AOD that works in my garage it just has to be installed

^theres no speedometer needle, if i fix it, im putting a 140mph cluster in there since i cant afford the auto meter lunars =/

since my wrecked gt front bumper, theres an lx bumper on there with destoyed fenders and no fender extentions. my hood flew open, i got into a minor accident because of it damn hood latch...blue replacement is on there and my cowl where the wipers are looks like a vert ramp

back bumper is fd up from the state trooper that pushed me out of the intersection my trans quit on me at. i do have all 4 turbines and tires. hatch is starting to rust.
the worst part:my new dd since august, a free 96 geo f***ing metro 4 speed 3 cyl
my boss gave it to me im 18 and this car is not gunna fly for summer of 07 =/ it tops out ***** out floored for about 15 mins about 78mph. it does gain speed down hill. What would you do? sell the stang? keep it? sell the geo? i need opinions on which way to go, i really want a 5 speed mustang not an AOD anymore since i learnd stickshift in the geo. but ive got so much money and heart into this damn mustang idk what to do guys what would you do?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:34 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

Default RE: help me stay motivated with my stang! w/pics

tranny swap!!!.... u can get a t-5 cheap.. just sell that aod and sell hte old aod as scrap or somthing... it would be a fun project and something to look foward too
Old 03-27-2007, 09:36 PM
nseoi
4th Gear Member

if u have the tools and know how, since the egine is good, find a quality car with a dead engine and swap it if you cant afford all the body work. just a thought
Old 03-27-2007, 09:37 PM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

my mods are 65mm accufab tb (might be 70mm i forget) w egr spacer, trickflow track heats properly gasket matched, 9mm spark wires, mac fenderwell intake, 180degree stat. full length headers, full 2.5 exhaust with gutted cats and xpipes dumped after the ::gasp:: welded in OEM mufflers. upper and lower control arms with greasable bushings, tokiko suspension lowered 1.5 inches with shocks+struts combo, C+C plates, ported factory heads (grandpa engineered ) hes got some crazy talent with a dremel, new pushrods, valves, lifters, everything that moves inside the head pretty much all oem replacements, and a new double roller timing chain. full length subframe connectors, and 93 gt seats with sparco steering wheel 12.5". and a good driver mod [8D]
Old 03-27-2007, 09:43 PM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

CrazyCobraSpeed

tranny swap!!!.... u can get a t-5 cheap.. just sell that aod and sell hte old aod as scrap or somthing... it would be a fun project and something to look foward too
not an option i cant keep the stang in the garage apart my mom will go jackie chan on my face no one in my family appreciates mustangs! they say that the geos a great car for me. plus moneys tight im trying to get my own place while all this is happening i just dont want to lose the stang in the process! ive seen way too many people do this and they always regret it.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:44 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

do a five speed swap put on a gt front bumper and other body parts if needed... you will be happy then...
Old 03-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

the first thing to do is not get discouraged. what you wanna focus on 1st is getting her driveable. just take your timeand set a budget. get that working AOD in and drive it as is. save up and have to bodywork done little by little. I wouldnt worry about how she looks, a mean sounding car with some go is better than a shiny ride that is as slow as that geo

just take your time and get that trans fixed, then slowly go about the bodywork. if you feel confident with the car after you repair it, sell the geo for as much as you can to help finance the bodywork or anyother problems that the car may have.

if you have to roll around with a blue hood, LX nose and a cracked up rear bumper, atleast you can haul *** while doing it and not have to go down a hill to get it up to 80 lol

good luck buddy
Old 03-27-2007, 10:21 PM
1BIGMOFO
5th Gear Member

where do u live? ill help you out w/ the transmission if your local
Old 03-27-2007, 10:48 PM
TTGreenSN95
3rd Gear Member

How much more motor-vation do you need driving a 3plug metro lol
But that a killer parts go getter that thing probably gets 200 miles per gallon!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:54 PM
ponyboy88
3rd Gear Member

keep the geo untill u can the stang rolling
take the money ur saving on gas and put it towards getting the tranny fixed, alot shops will give a discount on rebuilds if u provide them with ur old one as a core, make freinds with a mechanic if u cant do it yourself (some mechanics are better freinds then others) and just keep pushing,

having no money kills the motivation kid, im 18 and working two jobs, cant make money half as fast as i spend it on the car so i know where your coming from

Quick Reply: help me stay motivated with my stang! w/pics