5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

IAC Doesn't match up to my throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Mikes Stang
1st Gear Member

Default IAC Doesn't match up to my throttle body

I just put a new Summit (Professional Products) 70MM throttle body and egr on my car. I transferred over my new IAC from my stock throttle body. Car has been surging badly with the new 70mm throttle body. I knew it shouldn't be the IAC since it was new and was running fine with my stock throttle body. When I pulled the IAC from my new 70mm to check it out, I noticed the gasket wasn't matched up 100% with the holes in the throttle body. After careful examination, I noticed the IAC doesn't really match up at all. There is a tiny gap at the top right that you can't notice if you put the gasket on. Even with the gasket covering it up, this can't be good, can it?? Anyone else have experience like this? Should I just call Summit and get a BBK or Edelbrock throttle body? PLEASE HELP!!!!
Mike
Old 04-08-2007, 12:39 AM
50mikey
4th Gear Member

Default RE: IAC Doesn't match up to my throttle body

Well I have a Pro product TB also...I didnt notice that problem with it lining up. Maybe I should look, cause I gave up on fixing the surging and went into the computer and reset my idle to 1100rpms. But I absolutly hate this TB and am going to buy another one soon. Throttle keeps getting stuck, the butterfly gets hung up somewhere, and i dont feel like fixing it...i know im lazy
Old 04-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Mikes Stang
1st Gear Member

I just don't see how it can be right the way this thing is lining up. I'm trying to post a pic but I need to resize it first.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:44 AM
50mikey
4th Gear Member

yeah get some pics up and we might understand a lil better...hey, how do you like your setup...i have the TFR H/C/I and thinkin about gettin her blown someday...did you like the upgrade? and can you pass emessions?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Mikes Stang
1st Gear Member

I just got the H/C/I back together today. Haven't had the chance to really see how much better it is now. I can tell you this much, it has a COMPLETELY different sound to it now!! Of course you know that already. I've seen/heard your car in some videos. Yours sounds VERY nice!!!

BTW, pics are up now in the original post.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Mikes Stang
1st Gear Member

Any other ideas????
Old 04-08-2007, 12:27 PM
89 fox
4th Gear Member

professional products doesn't have the best of castings.....ya pay for whatcha get....
Old 04-08-2007, 02:39 PM
91ford302
2nd Gear Member

just my .02, cant really tell from the pic, but might you have the iac on backwards. It can bolt up either way, but really only fit one way.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:45 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

well, either 1 of 2 things is wrong. either the IAC is the wrong one, or the intake casting has gone awry.

can you flip it around? make the IAC go towards that coolant line. it looks like it might fit.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:55 PM
onebad88

i agree with "you get what you pay for" thats why i would recommend going with bbk or some other known brand. but i can tell by te picture that it is bolted up correctly. i would return it and buy a better brand name.

Quick Reply: IAC Doesn't match up to my throttle body