5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

WTF AGH !?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 06:22 PM
crocop
2nd Gear Member

Default WTF AGH !?!?!?!?!

i really like the fox body mustangs but the thing is my stang has been a pain in the a**. yea so i bought that 88 5.0 hatch i posted alot about, with the passenger door problem and stuff. well i got the door open in my shop class today. and wat do you know theres all sorts of weld spots on the hinges. and on top of that it was a ****ty job to. talked to a teacher who did auto body for 20 years. he said that i have to pull the passenger fender, then once thats off either 1. the door can be reajusted depending if the previous person who welded the car door on, didnt also weld the sliding peices to the car. or 2. basicaly take off the hinges and weld them back on. so the vender is where its supposed to be just the door is not. right now the door is right on with the vender just a small gap seperating them.

another problem is sometimes i rev the engine and i get this BANG BANG noise. know i think this might be either 1. bad spark plugs, 2. bad wires (which it has new ones so ...) another thing i noticed is the rpm guage. the needle like to bob around about 600-900. jumps up and down and i think bad plugs can cause this. any suggestions? and a decent none expense plug to use.

another thing is the rear end like to make a supercharger like noise. i dont know how to describe it but it seems to be comn with ppl who put in different gears. i got 3.73 gears. what can be done to fix this. i read alot about a friction modiffer. whats a good rear end fluid to use?

next is the other supercharger noise in the front with the engine. it sounds likt its coming on a pump ( im not sure wats it called) its at the top right of the motor. it sounds like the pulleys can be a bit rusty or i just need to replace it.

moving along is the fuel door. well long story short ... it wont open. i push the button in the glove box and nothing happens. i read that some cars need the key in the ignition. i dont remeber if i had it in or not. so can someone teach me how to open that.

and then umm... yea that should be about it. i really want to fix this car up and running. i hope to god i dont have to get rid of it because ive loved these cars since i was a kid. im 17 now, when i was about 5 my dad had a 89 (year i was born in) 5L 5speed vert. white with black leather i belive. i would have married that car if he did sell it. so if any one can show me some light on my problems i would deeply appreciate it. thatnks
Old 04-10-2007, 06:41 PM
bronco slim
1st Gear Member

Default RE: WTF AGH !?!?!?!?!

Well have you checked the timing on the engine for your loud bang?
For your engine supercharger noise sounds like you have a bearing going bad. Take off the fan belt and spin the pully. It should spin freely.
Before you go prying your fuel door open there is an emergency handle in the back. It is attached to what looks like big fishing string. Try giving that a tug. Mine opens without the key when I hit the button. Do your dash lights work? I wanna say the fuel door system is on the same one as the running lights. Try checking that fuse.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:51 PM
p1bigun
2nd Gear Member

power steering wine in front, rearend whine probably incorrect bearing shim on pinion , check fluid level if it's good just run until you can afford a new gear then hope yor shop teach knows what he's doin as far as the fuel door check the fuses then start tracing wires teach surely can handle that, worst case on the door you may have to buy hinges
Old 04-10-2007, 07:28 PM
boof1027
2nd Gear Member

If you consider that a pain in the *** you could never have owned my car. Those are things that can be easily fixed, the car is almost 20 years old, **** like that will tear up. My car has been a nightmare but I still love it.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:54 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

ummm, theres a switch to open the fuel door, mine just pulls open...
Old 04-11-2007, 12:07 AM
crocop
2nd Gear Member

just want to bump this see what others think. and has anyone have to completely take off their door and re-weld the hinges?
Old 04-11-2007, 12:59 AM
crocop
2nd Gear Member

can any one help me out with the pop noise. all i got is a intake. what else can i do to help stop it?