5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what would it take mustang to keep up with a supercar

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:18 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what would it take mustang to keep up with a supercar

ORIGINAL: r.barn

Again, when are you going to go 200mph??????

Why?????????

I've been 150mph down the freeway, its scary as hell.

Instead of TKO600 put in a Viper T-56 for $1k more
and different gearing, 700hp wont care if you have 2.73's back there.

No a mustang is never going to go 200mph, it will flip before that
If you're worried about racing people to 180+mph you're smoking crack

Good nite.
I agree with you on that, this could just turn into one big arguement of a post. With enough money and knowledge, you could beat several supercars at most aspects, not all.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:09 AM
85GTsleeper
4th Gear Member

Everything is possible just depends how much cash you got
Old 04-15-2007, 12:30 AM
rocketrotary
2nd Gear Member

It doesn't matter how much money you have, you aren't going to get any Mustang to handle likea Saleen S7. I know that's going to be a very unpopular post, but it's true. It won't happen, period. Now, that being said, it won't take very much money to get a Mustang to accelerate like one. People who say that a Mustang can't be made to hit 200mph are lying, because I've seen one hit 197... IN THE 1/4 MILE! (Anybody who doesn't believe it, I have the vid saved on my computer, and I'll find a way to post it.)

Vic
Old 04-15-2007, 12:45 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

It doesn't matter how much money you have, you aren't going to get any Mustang to handle likea Saleen S7. I know that's going to be a very unpopular post, but it's true. It won't happen, period. Now, that being said, it won't take very much money to get a Mustang to accelerate like one. People who say that a Mustang can't be made to hit 200mph are lying, because I've seen one hit 197... IN THE 1/4 MILE! (Anybody who doesn't believe it, I have the vid saved on my computer, and I'll find a way to post it.)

Vic
Yes so have I, but the body is not going to be stock and it will not handle a sustained 200+ mph, like a true "supercar"
Old 04-15-2007, 12:47 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

Vic
your rite u cant get a mustang to handle like a s7 but u can get it to handle better... the carrera gt is the best handling supercar... i mean thats kinda obvious thats porshce man goal with every car... and there are mustangs that handle just as well as all those lovely porsches... so sry bro but u can... its a lotta fine tuning and a nice bit of cash... more than u would practically wanna spend but it can be done and thats not hte hardest part of this huge goal... its actually the easiest part... lotta fabing and a **** load of money in to MM kit and ull u there... and thats only 4-5k worth of cash... like said about MM holds the 3rd fastest record in a solam run... the hardest part is keeping it on the ground at 180mph... i am wondering what ull need?? lotta body modling right?

on yea and say for the delayed response i was out gettin cofe
Old 04-15-2007, 12:53 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JD1969

Vic
Yes so have I, but the body is not going to be stock and it will not handle a sustained 200+ mph, like a true "supercar"
yea a lotta dragsters go 180+ but thats straight line only and they arent normaly streetable... would u have to build a whole new body like te draggers do or can u work off what is already there... im talkin sn95 not fox btw... so its a lil better... not much tho... rocket dont u know something about air drag and downforce and what not... u help build drag cars rite?? i only know the bare minimum... like the physics part of it... not what needs to be done to the car..
Old 04-15-2007, 01:04 AM
rocketrotary
2nd Gear Member

Crazy... Are you referring to MM as in Maximum Motorsports?

Vic
Old 04-15-2007, 01:10 AM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/co...pdf/Slalom.pdf

There's the artcl about MM
Old 04-15-2007, 01:13 AM
notch5oh
3rd Gear Member

it doesnt take much to keep up, Griggs Racing is doing it in a damn vert look at this video its insane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzpDO...acing%2Ecom%2F

"The Ferrari Club’s Virginia City Hill Climb is an event the Griggs Racing staff enjoys attending each year. The 5.2 mile course, on route 342, has some breath taking views and death defying cliffs. Ride along with John Griggs in his 660whp 98 GR40 Cobra Convertible (daily driver/open track car with SLA upgrade) as he demonstrates the cars sure-footedness up the hill. Notice how little John is working to control the car. This type of precision handling can only be accomplished in a Griggs Mustang. Every part including the convertible roll bar is available for purchase from Griggs Racing Products or the Griggs Racing Dealer nearest you. BTW: No Ferrari has been able to beat him. I hope they let us back next year. " -directly from their website, i hope i dont get arrested for copying that lol
Old 04-15-2007, 02:05 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

Crazy... Are you referring to MM as in Maximum Motorsports?

Vic
i sure am vic... and it aint no lie or bs... cold hard facts... MM suspension will make you car handle better than Gods lol... ok thats a lie but u get the idea... u got a 4-5 grand price tag tho... but hey thats nothing compaired to 500k rite.... its the only reason ppl pay so much for their product... cuz its badass... granted some of its the driver... but its not that much of a difference when most all the drives are hardcore

Quick Reply: what would it take mustang to keep up with a supercar