5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Vacuum...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 02:59 PM
itsa87
1st Gear Member

Default Vacuum...

In the picture below I cquared off a little area with the box on the firewall. There is a little hose that comes out of that little thingy and I have no clue of where that hose connects. Can anyone give me pointers?

[IMG]local://upfiles/66509/E9C2DBAC9B3B465586648A3C715AFF32.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Vacuum...

That would be your BAP sensor (Barometric Absolute Pressure). I couldnt tell you where it goes as i have a 93 which doesnt use that vac line being mass air.

My best guess is a vac fitting by the passengers fender or at the intake somewhere. Did the hose break on yours? Check the wiring harness right above the sensor as ive seen vac lines routed thru that harness before. I checked for diagrams in a Chiltons and a Haynes with no luck. Best bet is to have somebody snap a few pics of thier ride.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
itsa87
1st Gear Member

I'm guessing this is a pretty stupid question with all the replies but haha! I was thinking it connected into the intake....

I just don't know. =/
Old 04-20-2007, 03:39 PM
itsa87
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blckstng93

That would be your BAP sensor (Barometric Absolute Pressure). I couldnt tell you where it goes as i have a 93 which doesnt use that vac line being mass air.

My best guess is a vac fitting by the passengers fender or at the intake somewhere. Did the hose break on yours? Check the wiring harness right above the sensor as ive seen vac lines routed thru that harness before. I checked for diagrams in a Chiltons and a Haynes with no luck. Best bet is to have somebody snap a few pics of thier ride.
Yeah, I looked through all the books and it keeps refering me to the vacuum diagram on the fan shroud or however that's spellled but, I have no diagram and every diagram I have found looks nothing like the one for the 87..

Thanks a ton for the help though.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:41 PM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

Its a 87, so its a Speed Density car, that would be the MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure) So the hose(assuming its connected)runs from the sensor to the underside of the intake-heres a pic from a stock manifold

[IMG]local://upfiles/55564/197D39162F39439BA5870603E7A7C941.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-20-2007, 03:44 PM
itsa87
1st Gear Member

Oh and...I think alot of the hoses on the car were pretty demolished but the guy that swapped my motor just pulled everything off and never put a tag on one single fitting so it all has me pretty much confused. the wireing is all there.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:45 PM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: itsa87

Yes you are correct, let me know if your still confused i can paint out where the hose will connect- basically to any of the fittings under there, that bad part-hate t bust your bubble, but you just might have to pull the upper intake off, will wouldnt take very long 1 hour tops- on and off, i just did this with mine-replaced vac lines- very easy
Yeah, I looked through all the books and it keeps refering me to the vacuum diagram on the fan shroud or however that's spellled but, I have no diagram and every diagram I have found looks nothing like the one for the 87..

Thanks a ton for the help though.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:49 PM
itsa87
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90Lxstanger

Its a 87, so its a Speed Density car, that would be the MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure) So the hose(assuming its connected)runs from the sensor to the underside of the intake-heres a pic from a stock manifold

[IMG]local://upfiles/55564/197D39162F39439BA5870603E7A7C941.jpg[/IMG]
I was thinking the same...I was guessing it connected next to the three with the fuel pressure regulator and such on the larger fitting.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:53 PM
itsa87
1st Gear Member

So from the pic you should I was thinking the bottom right hose...To stop any confusion.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:55 PM
itsa87
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: itsa87

So from the pic you showed** I was thinking the bottom right hose...To stop any confusion.

Quick Reply: Vacuum...