5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

hi/low beam and wiper switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 07:11 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default hi/low beam and wiper switch

anyone have a diagram of what is what on there? my head lights took a shyt on me, and i am certain it is this switch... i have one ordered but it wont be here untill friday. problem is this is my daily driver. so to fix this for the next two days, i plan on jumping the wires for the low beams(which are usually always on w. the switch in the normal position) and making it work for now. i just went thru my haynes manual, and no dice on finding an accurate enough pic in there. does anyone have a diagram of what connectors are what on there?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:52 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: hi/low beam and wiper switch

bump... shyts important... got plans tonight, and no lights, lol
Old 05-02-2007, 09:32 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

borrow mom's car, and get to it. Dont hack that wiring up for 2 days
Old 05-02-2007, 09:37 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

yea yea yea... moms car dad is using right now... and im not allowed to drive the f250 lol. i dont see harm in niging it up for one night, i need to get to work and back..
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

i dont understand why you had to order the switch?? all of my local parts stores have over 10 in stock, every one of them.

every car Ford made in the 80's and 90's used the same switch, for the most part. it should be a VERY commonly stocked item.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:58 PM
bronco slim
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattdel

i dont understand why you had to order the switch?? all of my local parts stores have over 10 in stock, every one of them.

every car Ford made in the 80's and 90's used the same switch, for the most part. it should be a VERY commonly stocked item.
Actually we have two different switches one for 87-89 and one for 90-93. I just had to rewire my whole dash because the dumbass I bought it from puta 91 dash in a 89. Nothing worked correctly. Let me tell you it was a pain in the *** figuring out where each wire went.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:35 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

yea i was hoping that was the case,but no dice. so i ordered one from them. itll be in on friday. but untill then... well i made it work, lol.

its very ****** rigged, but hey it gets the job done...

what i did was remove the switch, took off the connector that went to the lights, and simply used a wire and jumped from the power in to the low beams... re hooked everything up, minus that connection, its hanging down right now. so i have low beams, and if i want hi's, i just move the wire over one spot, lmao...

is it ghetto rigged? yes, does it work? damn right

and dont worry its very TEMPORARY
Old 05-02-2007, 10:44 PM
enix187
3rd Gear Member

afro-engineering at its finest
Old 05-03-2007, 02:20 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

yup yup.... now all i gotta do is fine some spray paint... or just start "bumpin" to some gangsta music, lmao
Old 05-03-2007, 02:40 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

I had the same problem, let me guess you still have your parking lights though right? I burned up part of my harness and my connector that goes into the multi-function switch. The reason it happens is because you drive with headlights and fogs on at the same time and it heats up the wires. You have to do the fog light fix to stop it from happening or just don't use your fogs.

Quick Reply: hi/low beam and wiper switch